The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Happy New Year from Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2014 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Happy New Year from Negril (/showthread.php?tid=70638)

Happy New Year from Negril - RGondaRoad - 01-01-2014

Well, its about time I posted something of my own having been here now what, 6 weeks? Its a gorgeous New Year morning - I'm up earlier than I should be. Bright sun, sweet sea breeze and I'm just waiting for the rest of my posse to wake the hell up so we can go enjoy our traditional eggs benedict at Xtabi.

NoCal will be descending upon Negril within the next 24 hours...and the past weeks have been lovely and included a 6 day motorcycle trip around the island.

New Years Eve was...weird. And not just me - others were commenting about how the vibe this year was just...weird. No fireworks from anywhere that I could see - lots of those paper lanterns though. We spent our NYE at LTU as usual, less of a crowd than usual - went up to our friend's house on Hylton Ave for what I thought would be a minute but ended up being hours...nice gentle vibe there. And all the while there was a very gentle and quiet little "after party" going on in my yard. Since my friend's house and our yard are so close I got to enjoy both.

So Happy New Year my Jamerican friends. I hope 2014 brings all good stuff to all of you - lots of positive vibes, health and of course, happiness.

Bless up.

Re: Happy New Year from Negril - RGondaRoad - 01-01-2014

Speaking of "weird" - we learned pretty early on in the evening that Luciano was a "no show" at Seastar. I fully expected to see some refugees from there but my guess is that Chris kept everyone pretty well entertained none the less.

Re: Happy New Year from Negril - oldtimer - 01-01-2014

I'm glad you had a great night " mosing " around . What ???? a reggae artist a no show ???? maybe he is just a day late !!! That is why I only buy tickets at the door .

lol OT but seriously - that's not Luciano's style at all plus I think no-show is a harsh way of saying he cancelled - apparently friends of mine who were planning to go to the show knew about the cancellation well enough in advance to make other plans.

But agreed - not only buy tix at the door but hang outside to make sure the artist you want to see shows up before buying tix at the door (an old MXIII trick).

Wendy, I regret my choice of words - "no show" makes it sound like the dude flaked. He actually cancelled - day of the gig sadly but at least he gave Chris a heads-up. Don't know exactly at what time Chris got notified or what he did about it (did he post "ova deh"?) but I know that my friend, who had not bought tix in advance, had enough notice to alter his plans for the evening.