The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
any bird wathcher's here... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: any bird wathcher's here... (/showthread.php?tid=70379)

any bird wathcher's here... - oldtimer - 12-17-2013

if so I just have had a 10 year mystery solved.

Re: any bird wathcher's here... - Rum-polephoreskin - 12-17-2013

I'm a bird watcher, what is the story?

Re: any bird wathcher's here... - oldtimer - 12-17-2013

Still out on that BP...hehehe..About 10 years ago a giant Blue Jay began coming to my feeders with the other Blue Jays . It was shaped just like the rest of them but way bigger and darker but with almost the same markings. It would come and it would go year in and year out and then 3 years ago it stopped coming. It was always a mystery and lots of people saw it but no one had an answer. Yesterday I received a bird book of Western Canadian birds from a friend of mine that moved to British Columbia and when I opened the front cover THERE WAS BLACKIE !!!!!! He/she was a Stellar Jay from western North America. WOW !!!!!,,How did it get here?

Re: any bird wathcher's here... - daniel - 12-17-2013

Never seen a stellar. Used to love watching,what we called,canadian jays, the grey ones.we called them 'gorbies'. very funny and not scared at all. When i worked in the woods up north,they would take half a sandwich out of your hand,and try to fly away with it. he he, simple kicks for simple minds. I like birds.

Re: any bird wathcher's here... - JonTom - 12-17-2013

We bird watch all the time but have never seen a Stellar Jay.

Last spring we were excited to participate in the "great backyard bird count" while in Negril b/c it was the first year that allowed international counts.

We were planning to go count at the Negril Royal Palm Reserve, (figuring in the early AM we'd see more variety) but the few drivers we asked wanted outrageous $ (like 50 USD or something we found ridiculous), so we just counted the few species we saw walking around and on the beach.

Re: any bird wathcher's here... - kylake - 12-17-2013

I am a bird watcher and a taker (game birds, waterfowl, turkey, etc. are all I take)
We spend a fair amount of money on seed and the taking is the payback :-)
One of the most interesting we have had here and like yours OT did not really belong here were Bohemian Waxwings which are probably common to you guy in Canada.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/bohemian_waxwing/id
They stayed for about a week and ate every berry off a Foster Holly and left.
They may have been Cedar Waxwing but the markings said they were Bohemian.

Re: any bird wathcher's here... - Sundowner - 12-18-2013

I have a pair of Stellar Jays that live in the cedar tree in front of my building. They love peanuts. I put a few on my table on my balcony or along the balcony rails and they will be there to snatch them up while I'm still putting them down. If I forget to put out peanuts by mid morning, the female will land on my balcony table and scratch at my window! They are fun to watch.

Re: any bird wathcher's here... - daniel - 12-18-2013