The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
squatters - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: squatters (/showthread.php?tid=70322)

Pages: 1 2

squatters - jitterbug - 12-12-2013

past coconuts international, there used to be a row of shacks and lean to's . . . apparently the land owner burned them all down . . . now they've moved on to the old twater property right next to beach house villa . . .

those ppl that have bought condos in beach house villa have to look at a whole community of squatters. . . . it's a scary place . . . i went to feed a dog that was tied up there . . . there is whole pile of families living there . . .

i walked with a couple of friends and had to pass a bunch of drunk/stoned men including "culture" who has been a staple on that stretch for years. i had to run into the water with clothes on to escape his grip . . . he managed to grab my arm but i shook him off. . . . only when i returned to bar b barn did we notice a large handprint on my back and upper arm. looked like coal . . .

can't imagine walking that stretch in the dark. scary stuff on that beach after dark . . .

Re: squatters - jitterbug - 12-12-2013

on the bright side of things, enjoyed early morning beach scene . . .

that lane next bar b barn never sleeps but calms down at dawn . . . funny how that goes . . .

barry's has had a transformation . . . the italians have re-worked his yard . . . cute little bar with limited stock, and some food. . . . my friends hung out there a few times and say that they cook late at night . . . much more appealing than before

bourbon beach has also had a transpormation of sorts . . . new paint job and new management . . .

Re: squatters - booger - 12-12-2013

Bourbon was a big difference! No hookers or riffraff, clean bathrooms, and overall looked respectable. Nice changes made by the new Italian owners....

Re: squatters - oldtimer - 12-13-2013

What was that guys name that said he had Bourbon St leased and whatever happened to him ?

Re: squatters - Angel - 12-13-2013

Michael Mosgrove? Think that was him Oldtimer. Heck hope they've thrown his but in jail.

Re: squatters - Allan - 12-13-2013

Canadian Company Panther Recycling had approached government earlier this year with their proposal. President of the Panther Recycling Company, Michael Mosgrove, had told Kaieteur News that he had offered Government a $26M recycling centre complete with curbside pick-up for less than the garbage collection costs today.
The company is willing to take on this investment at no cost to Guyana, Mosgrove explained. According to Mosgrove, his company has offered the government a Bio diesel section to the facility, but was asked not to include the bio mass facility as there was a large US$800 million electric proposal on the table.
Mosgrove said that Panther Corporation has the best systems in the industry and a complete recycling programme from the house or business to the plant.
He added that they are well aware and they fully understand that the landfills are still problematic, but their biomass is the solution.
He had told Kaieteur News that the facility goes hand in hand with their recycling sort modules and takes any biomass that cannot be reused to an incinerator which creates steam and transmits electricity. Mosgrove told Kaieteur News that the system can generate upwards of 80 MW of power basically half of what has been recently rejected and would cost considerably less.

Re: squatters - Allan - 12-13-2013

http://guyaneseonline.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/guyana-us30m-recycling-plant-mou-signed/

Jamaica Project

Last year Mosgrove’s Canadian-based recycling company embarked on a project in Jamaica to build the first solar-powered recycling centre representing a multi-billion-dollar investment and the prospect of thousands of jobs being created.
The company invested US$26M to construct and outfit a 30,000 square foot modular facility in Retirement, St James.
With the approval of the St. James Parish council and the Mayor of Montego Bay, Panther signed an MOU with the Parish.
Over the last several months Panther worked with all the parishes to establish a National Recycling Programme.
Although it was taking time, there has been great progress with each and every parish.

Re: squatters - JonTom - 12-14-2013

I don't know how valid the Mosgrove report is, but given most of Guyana's history, crossing the government doesn't leave your butt in jail.

It leaves you dead.

Re: squatters - Pineapple - 12-14-2013

Yes, I agree, the place Wendy is thinking of is Italian Cafe. It's right across the road from Yellow Bird and is ALWAYS crowded in the evenings. Cars parked everywhere.

Re: squatters - Sundowner - 12-15-2013

The Italian Cafe is next door to Big Roy's and you're right, it's packed every night. And they CRANK the music up to the MAX until all hours! Forget trying to sleep on at least 3-4 nights a week, because it vibrates our walls and even the bed! Wouldn't be so bad if it was good music, but they play that electronic rave dance crap non-stop. Thump, Thump, Thump.... Can you tell I'm not a fan?

Night before last we had the battle of the sound systems: Italian Cafe, Bourbon Beach, Jungle and some other place. Shut down time is supposed to be 2:00 a.m. but they seldom abide by that rule. One night... I am not kidding.... it went until after 4 a.m. G finally got up & went next door to say something and the police arrived just as he did. I'm like a walking zombie most days because of the noise. Don't even have a TV to drown out the noise. Bought ear plugs yesterday - can't keep them in my ears! Sorry for the rant, but it's my pet peeve since I arrived in Negril!