The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Very sad day for me - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Very sad day for me (/showthread.php?tid=70288)

Very sad day for me - Tim - 12-10-2013

This morning I received some very sad but somewhat expected news. My grandmother (my mom's mom) passed away last night. She was my last remaining grandparent, and both my parents predeceased her. Grandma was 102 years old, and up until recently was in relatively good health for her age. She lived in a home for the elderly in Edmonton, which is where most of my aunts and uncles live, or close to it. Last time my wife and I saw her was in August, her mind was still quite sharp but her body was starting to fail her. She had eye issues making her nearly blind, and could only walk with the help of a walker. She had taken a fall a few years back breaking her hip, otherwise she would have still been mobile.
But a few weeks ago she ended up in the hospital after collapsing due to some kind of internal infection. It seemed she was going to be OK and she was placed into a care home. Then a few days ago things turned bad and it seemed the end was near. One of my aunt's called last night to tell us most of her kids were there with her, as well as a priest. We lost her around 2AM.

As much as its a sad day for the family there is a bit of "happiness" (can't think of the right word). My grandfather died over 20 years ago, and a few years back grandma actually told me she thought god had forgot about her.
I don't actually know anyone here but writing about her is at least a bit therapeutic for me.
RIP grandma, I will miss you.

Re: Very sad day for me - goldilocks - 12-10-2013

So sorry for your loss Tim, my sympathy to the family. I get what you mean, not exactly "happiness" but a celebration of a long life and knowing that God did not forget your Grandma!

Re: Very sad day for me - kylake - 12-10-2013

Sorry for your loss Tim but it sounds like she lived a long life and healthy for most of her life, which is a blessing.

Re: Very sad day for me - Pineapple - 12-10-2013

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Re: Very sad day for me - oldtimer - 12-10-2013

102 That's not bad !!!! RIP grandma !!!

Pics from old Seaford Town - SomersSK - 12-10-2013

So sorry for your loss Tim. She sounds like she was an amazing woman.