The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Pics from old Seaford Town *PIC* - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Pics from old Seaford Town *PIC* (/showthread.php?tid=70247)

Pics from old Seaford Town *PIC* - SomersSK - 12-08-2013

I wanted to share this gem of a picture I was able to grab from my grandparents. It is one of the only pics they have left that is not on 35 mm slides!

This picture was taken in Seaford Town, aka "German Town" in Westmoreland. The man in the picture is my great grandfather.

Most of my family is in Canada now, but we do still have a few cousins there that I hope to visit in January. My family still owns a share of the property, which I will visit next month. Unfortunately, it's been taken over by squatters, and word is there is a grow op on the grounds Sad

Anyways, just thought I'd share with a group that might enjoy it. Beautiful Jamaica in the early 1950's.

Re: Pics from old Seaford Town - oldtimer - 12-08-2013

That's really cool !!! Hire some thugs ,go down and beat the tar out of a couple of squatter's and the rest will leave. ( Hint ) don't tell them where you are staying.

Re: Pics from old Seaford Town - daniel - 12-08-2013

nice pic! tuff situation! good luck.may bee cousins can help,it is your birthright. I know what I would do.

Re: Pics from old Seaford Town - kylake - 12-08-2013

Nice, historic pics. Let us know how it all turned out when you return and hope all goes well and you have a good time in Jamaica.

Re: Pics from old Seaford Town - oldtimer - 12-09-2013

I owned land in Treasure Beach for about 35 years and from day 1 I had a guy use a little of my land in return for keeping it neat and the squatters off . He planted fruit trees all over the property and had a garden and a goat or 2 and used 1/4 of an acre ( I owned a hectare 2.2 acres ) . When I sold the land he was part of the deal !!!!! . the buyer had to fly to Jamaica and be interviewed by Ronnie . To this day things are still great !!. Maybe that might be something to think about but it might turn into a slippery slope if not done correct ( whatever that is ) .

Re: Pics from old Seaford Town - Dana1 - 12-10-2013

Nice picture,i would like to see more.I live in S/W Ont and work with a fellow named Ken Weidimire.His family was left property from Lord Seaford when he bailed out of Jamaica.Small world,nice pics.Good luck with the squatters.

Re: Pics from old Seaford Town - Angel - 12-10-2013

Nice photos, hope someone gets the squatters off the property.