The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Some trip observations - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Some trip observations (/showthread.php?tid=70165)

Pages: 1 2

Some trip observations - jitterbug - 12-05-2013

Every time I reach to jamaica I'm conflicted!!! Love the ocean, the weather and food!!! Some good jamaica folks!!!

I'm a foodie. . .

Catcha -- had steamed fish, we had a party of 7 and I tasted a bunch of different dishes --- all excellent! Can't find fault with the quality or price, great atmosphere.

Angelas -- excellent pasta and even better thin crust pizza.

Sunrise -- great margaritas. The Italian dishes can't compare to angelas.

Sweet spot -- great local food.

Am trying coconuts international tonight.

The hustle on the beach is relentless!!!

Walked over to roots last nite through the beach. Our security sent a person with us. The walk would have bee impossible without him. Nothing at roots worth paying cover for or losing sleep over.

Re: Some trip observations - oldtimer - 12-05-2013

But what really matters Jitters "did you pee in the sea "...hehehe

Re: Some trip observations - goldilocks - 12-05-2013

Wow, sorry to hear a security person was needed to walk the beach at night. I am considering bringing a third generation to seven mile, but may need to re-think that.

Re: Some trip observations - kylake - 12-05-2013

Thanks for the food report Jitterbug! Walking on the beach at night unless with a large group should be considered risky (taking a chance) since the crime has escalated so much.

Re: Some trip observations - rootswoman - 12-05-2013

Thanks Jitters
I hope your taking lots of pictures! We are overdue for some Negril beach scene pics around here!

Have fun - enjoy the food!

Re: Some trip observations - Pineapple - 12-06-2013

OMG a strip club on the beach, just what they need. (Just shaking my head)

Re: Some trip observations - booger - 12-08-2013

I can validate that they take it all off at Las Vegas, as well as do more. Interesting vibe at this place. I went with locals both times and had zero issues......

Re: Some trip observations - Yvonne - 12-08-2013

"hustlers get very agitated, nasty and angry when anything they offered is turned down. then, the real persons presents themselves and it's scary stuff!!"

Oh so true. Sorry you have to deal w/ this. Glad I don't go out at night or at all w/out a male friend.

Re: Some trip observations - RGondaRoad - 12-08-2013

If you consider yourself a "foodie" you must try to get to Zimbali Retreat the next time you come. Its a true farm to table experience, very different than anything else in the area. They will take you on a tour of their 7 acre organic farm (if you want) then will prepare a three course lunch, complete with wine, right in front of your face, explaining what they are doing and the ingredients (most from the farm) as they go.

It is truly, truly wonderful. I loved it so much we'll be going again in January when Sonoma County invades Negril (tee hee!)

Re: Some trip observations - kylake - 12-08-2013

rgondaroad wrote: If you consider yourself a "foodie" you must try to get to Zimbali Retreat

I have never heard of Zimaali Retreat but googled. Did you go to the Mountain or Seaside Retreat. Sounds like a great place. I assume you can just go to dine without saying? What are the meal prices like........high....low.....medium?