The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sad article about transgender teen in JA - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Sad article about transgender teen in JA (/showthread.php?tid=68059)

Sad article about transgender teen in JA - jeannieb - 08-11-2013

http://news.yahoo.com/jamaica-transgender-teen-murdered-mob-070446416.html

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - Schuttzie - 08-11-2013

How horrible for that young man! His family kicked him out and disowned him basically. Incredibly sad Sad RIP

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - suzengrace - 08-11-2013

One love -but only for the hetrosexuals I guess..

Very sad...

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - kylake - 08-11-2013

A shame that some men and society in general is so homophobic. In the Gleaner article it even mentioned that some men would not eat a fruit guinep. That is just crazy.
Sad for the guy that lost his life and of course it is not just happening Jamaica since it happens here in the states and other countries also.
Heck, look what Putin just passed a law in Russia.

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - Raine - 08-12-2013

This is such a sad story, I literally weep for that transgender person. My brother is gay and had to leave home when he came out my Dad hit the roof kicked him out. My Mom objected and he said how about I leave and take my daughters with me.

My brother finished University, did well has a good job but he is banned from the house. Dad does not even want to hear his name he is so bitter against him. No my Dad is not Jamaican, he is Irish and my Mom is Jamaican my sister and myself cannot let Dad know we visit our brother he will withdraw his financial support like not pay our tuition at University. So for now we pretend we have no contact with him. I so miss and love my brother as he moved far away.

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - oldtimer - 08-12-2013

This is strange. I have a very good friend who doesn't look gay at all , goes to Jamaica ( Negril ) for about 6 weeks every year and he tells me there is a "booming " gay business in Negril . He says that most "beachboys " will do the old gay guys if there is no other business . Go figure that out . Like someone said "they do kids so why wouldn't they do the odd BJ " for $'s.

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - suzengrace - 08-12-2013

All i can think of Old Timer is that Negril is known for its "sex Tourism" and Negril is certainly not like most of Jam...So doesnt surprise me...There are local men in Negril that will "go the other way" if the price is right..and theres certainly some ex-pats there that admire the boys...

But yeah, thats Negril- far and away not the rest of Jamaica...

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - goldilocks - 08-13-2013

quote macyoder: "Where in the States or other countries a mother wishes her child to be six feet under than be gay? I have heard this comment one too many times. if you beleive what's happening in Jamaica is happening elsewhere, then you really don't know how deep and dark things are." Strongly disagree. Unfortunately, the World is a deep and dark place (getting deeper and darker every day) and there are parents who feel this way and unspeakable things that go on all over the planet. "Satan walks about like a roaring lion."

Re: Sad article about transgender teen in JA - Jenny - 08-13-2013

I saw that too, Jeannie, and felt really sad for him & his friends. I cannot even imagine the way they have to live their lives in the shadows & always be looking over their backs. That is a lot to do & very exhausting. I have a gay male cousin here in rural, Bible-Belt Arkansas who lived the same thing during his adolescence. Thankfully, he has moved on to Dallas, where he "blends in better" & no one is on his case. But, truly, where he grew up, NO ONE understood/accepted him. I remember the last family funeral we went to, a bunch of the other cousins were making disparaging comments to & about him, really made me feel sick to my stomach. I don't blame him & his mother for having gotten in the car as soon as the burial was over & getting out of there. Fear makes people do some really stupid things.