The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sorry for the delay, and need technical help - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Sorry for the delay, and need technical help (/showthread.php?tid=67844)

Pages: 1 2

Sorry for the delay, and need technical help - medi - 07-28-2013

Okay, it's been a while, I know, no excuse..but I do have an explanation..

I haven't even reread the journal I kept for six months when I was living in Negril, and am a little bit afraid to, to tell the truth, because once I do that, it means it's time to edit it, fictionalize it, and submit it for publication..and a lot of what I've written isn't so much details about Negril as it is details about me, with some of what happened in Negril in there of course as well..

And the personal part..well,it's really personal, and I've been kind of afraid to have it just put out there..I mean, for a first novel, they are usually autobiographical to some extent, and that's to be understood, but it's kind of a different thing to put it out there as is and let myself wide open to being torn apart over it,for whatever reason..or even received with a "meh" because it is so personal..I'm not saying that would happen at all, but my fears and anxieties behind this is huge, because this is something I have been wanting to do all my life, write a book..and given that I have written hundreds of pages, even if it never gets published, it is a book.

But what I do want to do is in a few days I'm going to tackle the project of rereading my writing, and more than likely even adding comments and reflections in with it too as part of the finished book..and when I do that, I want to take some excerpts from what I have written, along with some pictures I had taken when in Negril, and post them here..I don't know if you can call it a "trip report"..because I have a feeling it will end up being pretty long, lol, but it will be something to share here.

What I need some help with is I have a LOT of pictures, and they are both on my laptop here, and on facebook, but not on photobucket, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to just download an entire folder of pictures into photobucket at a time, and yes, I'm almost a luddite with the computer..and I have tried but cannot figure out how to just take a picture from my computer directly and post it right here, so if someone could try and explain it to me again (because I know it's been done lot's of times before to others) in very simple terms how to do so, would really appreciate it. If I could do a folder instead of going to each folder and then trying to click on each picture when there are a LOT of pictures to do that with in a folder, and then bring it there to bring to here, I would do it, but it's just beyond my capacity, so the easiest thing is to just figure out how to get around that blasted red x, lol.

I didn't really want to reread the journal when staying at my son's and trying to find a place to stay..nor did I do any writing..then right when I moved into my new place on the 1st, I came down with viral double pneumonia, I felt under the weather on the 30th of June, but did the move anyway on the 1st because it had to be done and by the 5th I was in the hospital...went straight from flu to pneumonia,no head or chest cold inbetween,which has never happened to me before..then when I got out a few days later, it still took me a while to get back to feeling normal.

And then the past week or two have just been dragging my feet on doing it, and I'm not going to let this be something I don't ever finish..because it already IS finished, it just needs me paying attention to it and organizing it and getting to work on it and doing some editing/polishing and adding my "reflections" as well. It won't be easy,because again, like I've said, some of it is pretty personal and about shit I have gone through in my past, but at the same time, I'm doing it. One step at a time. I'm not going to focus too much on the sending it in part for the time being, because I'm not even close to there yet, but it is time to take that next step and go over what I have written. And since ya'll have been there with me for some of my earlier journeys and trips, it is only right that you be here with me for this process as well.

Besides, I've missed ya'll. Smile

Re: Sorry for the delay, and need technical help *NM* - medi - 07-28-2013

Re: Sorry for the delay, and need technical help - captaind on Zion Hill - 07-28-2013

I'm looking forward to your reflections

cap

Re: Sorry for the delay, and need technical help - Angel - 07-28-2013

Glad you checked back here. Nice you are feeling better and have your own place. Please post what you can.

Re: Sorry for the delay, and need technical help - kylake - 07-29-2013

Medi, as far as being able to upload a entire picture to photobucket I don't believe that can be done. You basically can upload more than one at a time but not a file folder of pictures.
To get all of your pictures uploaded to the cloud at one time the easiest way I would know of would be to setup a google piscasa account. If you already have a gmail account it is easy. When you signup it will give you the option to upload "all" and I mean all pictures in your computer. There is no option other than "all" or "none" and basically you simply have to read and pay attention as you sign up.
As far as posting a single pic to this website use the upload/resize button and if it is too large of a file it should reduce the file size. I am using FireFox for this test.

Try this with just one picture. Go to your pictures on your computer and click a picture and then use the email link function. It should offer you the ability to send as a smaller size try 1024 by 768 option and that should be small enough to upload. You can drag it out of the email to the desktip without sending and try to upload that file.

As mentioned (by Rambo) it is not a bad idea to delete your temporary internet files in case you are caching the error page.

Medi, see this page you can limit who can view.
https://support.google.com/picasa/answer/113516?hl=en
And your options are found here
https://support.google.com/picasa/answer/39551
Now that you have posted to the world (until you limit visibility) Did you upload and nekid pics by mistake? If so I would make the setting changes as quickly as possible. :-)

Medi, I think the link you posted is your internal login for Picasa since it prompts for login and my login to my gmail account states no permission. So probably no setting changes necessary, on the link you posted in this thread. I did get to your account but basically see your profile and only 2 albums and 5 pictures total viewable to the public.

Re: Sorry for the delay, and need technical help - oldtimer - 07-29-2013

"How Medi Got Her Groove Back "..... or are you an Annie Palmer follower.. "The White Witch of Jamaica "

Re: Sorry for the delay, and need technical help - Angel - 08-07-2013

Medi the camera took nice pictures, the colors look good. The black and white one looks good too. Keep it coming.