The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Kuyaba - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Kuyaba (/showthread.php?tid=67583)

Kuyaba - SomersSK - 07-17-2013

Thinking about staying here next winter for our trip. We were booked at Wild Parrot, but looks like they will not be renewing their lease Sad I'm so sad - I loved loved LOVED that place. Hopefully who ever takes it over can maintain what has been started there!

Any thoughts on Kuyaba for those of you who might have already stayed here ie cleanliness, vibe, food etc? I'm expecting it to be loud at night, but we don't really mind that since we are often at Alfreds/Roots/Bourban B at night for live music.

Thanks All

Re: Kuyaba - oldtimer - 07-17-2013

I have never stayed there but have eaten there many times and thought the food and service to be excellent.

Re: Kuyaba - Pineapple - 07-17-2013

I've stayed there a few times. The only reason I stopped was because they have a very strict policy of not letting anyone who is not staying there come to your room, especially locals. They even got on our case because we had another couple on our balcony -- and that other couple was actually staying at Kuyaba.

The rooms have always been very clean, the grounds are beautiful and the staff was awesome. The restaurant is one of the best on the beach. The location on the beach is outstanding. You can walk to just about anything you need.

Buddy and Charlie are an extra bonus, unless you have a room right next to their cages because they love to wake up early and greet the staff coming to work. A little noisy at 6am but I still love them.

Re: Kuyaba - Yamangurl - 07-18-2013

I stayed there and loved it. Stayed in the kitchenette cottage at the front - really rustic. Echoing what Piney said, staff is great and grounds are clean.

I didn't have the same issue with locals not being allowed but perhaps it's because the locals I know have a relation ship with management?

Restaurant was always good but not cheap.

When I was at Kuyaba, Bourbon Beach was in limbo with its lease so I can't comment on noise from adjacent properties....

Re: Kuyaba - Markospoon - 07-19-2013

On one trip i was trying eat and drink on the cheap.

Walked up to Kuyuba, picked up the menu, started reading the prices and my fingers caught fire.

I dropped the menu like a hot potato.

Bring $$ for top notch food.