The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) (/showthread.php?tid=67359)

A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) - jeannieb - 07-06-2013

Sorry folks, not Jamaica related. Let me know if I should not post NON Jamaica stuff.

Welp, we are planning our next vacation.

This year, Christmas AND New Years fall on Wednesdays. We can take 2 full weeks (14 days) and only use 8 vacation days (we have 10). If all goes as planned with co-workers taking time off, we should be good to go.

As of now, we are planning on going back to Antigua for 1 night, then fly to Montserrat for Christmas (5 nights), ferry back to Antigua for a night, then ferry to Barbuda the following morning for 3 nights, then ferry back to Antigua for New Years Eve and the remainder of the trip.

Using the ferry instead of inter-island flights cuts our costs drastically. $30-50 per person each way to get to the other islands vs. $100+ per person. The islands are within 30 miles of each other.

After being there once, we have figured out some of the cheap ways to do this. The places we are looking at staying at are $50 and under each night. (except Montserrat, which is $70). We have found guesthouses/rooms for rent that will be perfect, right along the harbours.

I'm just so excited that Matt gave me the "nod" to start the booking process, I had to share.

Barbuda looks like a dream, beaches as far as the eye can see. Montserrat IS my dream and Antigua is just FUN! I can't imagine spending New years eve anywhere else.

I hate to say it but...Jamaica might have taken a back burner on the stove...for now.

Re: A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) - oldtimer - 07-06-2013

GREAT !!!!! what a trip planner you turned out to be . A friend on mine's brother owns a place on Montserrat and LOVES !!! it. This sounds like a wonderful adventure . Are you going to be going on excursions or "just " "rollin' down the highway " type stuff .

Re: A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) - wit - 07-06-2013

Personally I'm GRATEFUL that you share other places Smile I love hearing/reading about it. Sounds fantastic Jeannie!

Re: A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) - Jenny - 07-06-2013

Wow - that sounds like a great trip! And you have been there, so you know a lot of first-hand knowledge about it all. Congratulations! The anticipation is half of the fun!

Re: A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) - rootswoman - 07-06-2013

Very cool!

Sounds like a perfect trip

I keep saying there are so many places in the world besides Jamaica
ill always love her but I want to see more places while I'm on this Earth.

Re: A trip is in the works (not Jamaica) - suzengrace - 07-07-2013

look everyday-it will probably go down again...
What a great tripped plan...