The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
losing passport in Jam - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: losing passport in Jam (/showthread.php?tid=67256)

losing passport in Jam - suzengrace - 07-02-2013

Just curious, what kind of hoops you have to jump throw if you lose/stolen your passport while in Jam ???

I always take a few color copies of mine with important contact info written on-but would like to know what to expect if (God forbide) i have to deal with it..

Re: losing passport in Jam - jitterbug - 07-02-2013

I have a standing email that I send to myself every time I travel with all my important info. A scan of passport also. . . . I believe one would have to travel to your embassy for an emergency replacement.

Re: losing passport in Jam - Aunt+Nancy - 07-02-2013

Jitters, I thought I had a decent backup plan (photocopies of passport and cards, etc) but then lost the photocopy Smile

So, yeah, really good idea!

Re: losing passport in Jam - Pineapple - 07-02-2013

Friend of mine lost his the day before they were supposed to come home. He's a rasta with really long dreads. Believe me he had one hell of a time. Took him almost a week to get it straighten out. He not only lost his passport but his photo ID and all of his money too. He had a fanny pack that he set on the bumper of the car as he was changing his shoes at Dunn's River Falls. Everything gone in a second.

Re: losing passport in Jam - Pineapple - 07-02-2013

I keep copies of my passport and ID in the lining of by suitcase at all times. I also have copies of them on my frig when I leave the country. After Sunni's problem, I'm extra careful.

Re: losing passport in Jam - RGondaRoad - 07-03-2013

I would imagine its the same hoops you have to jump through if you lose your passport anywhere? Head to the embassy...

When I enter a foreign country my passport gets locked up for my entire stay - I do not walk around with it.