The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
generosity - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: generosity (/showthread.php?tid=67235)

Pages: 1 2 3

generosity - wit - 07-02-2013

I feel so bad for Piney that she tried to help someone in need and then got a dose of the 'real' jamaica

There are so many people that TRULY do need help in Jamaica but they are NOT the tourists that go there without money.

My question is....when so many are in true need of the basic necessities in life such as water, housing, schooling WHY are people helping tourists that cannot afford to be there? I just don't get it. Enlighten me please!

Re: generosity - rootswoman - 07-02-2013

Speaking of which , we have not heard any updates on that Mike guy lately.

Re: generosity - suzengrace - 07-02-2013

if you dont have the $$ to stay or vacation then stay home...I work too damn hard for my money to be just giving up my cash on people who didnt prepare(budget )and who want keep getting high on my dime....

I'll give a few J's to an elderly, hard-working Jam. woman/man before i"d ever give it out to a "beggy" tourist .

Re: generosity - wit - 07-02-2013

I luv you guys. Yes LR exactly! SMH at what goes on in other people's minds.

Talk about a sense of entitlement!!!!

Re: generosity *NM* - jitterbug - 07-02-2013

Re: generosity - wit - 07-02-2013

Thanks Macy Smile btw I figured you were going to say that about creating the cycle but remember the children and animals cannot get for themselves. Right? Anyways, thanks for telling me the other side...always great to keep an open mind and ear ...I hear you.

Re: generosity - DAWN - 07-03-2013

I guess with the subject title "generosity", I expected something kind. It might have been better called "judgement" or "public lashing".

Before..lots of people here were giving atta boys and encouragement to follow your dreams...seems the consensus has changed.

its really simple..give what and to who you want..but do it without expecting anything in return or needing credit for it.

A Jamaican friend once told me, you are a kind person Dawn, but you are not always going to be treated the way you treat people..but continue being kind.

Re: generosity - wit - 07-03-2013

damn my passwords not working.....should read ^^^^^ was NOT Judgement

Re: generosity - wit - 07-08-2013

"Do you think me and other Jamaicans are rude when we beg?"

yes. I've encountered folks with less than nothing who never ask for a thing. Poverty in Jamaica has many levels. People living under zinc leaned against a tree for instance.

Re: generosity - wit - 07-08-2013

"Fair enough"

Macy this is why I love you and we are still friends after all these years. Cause we can disagree and or discuss like adults. I've learned so much from you about Jamaica and the Jamaican view point I'm forever grateful. ox