The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th (/showthread.php?tid=67040)

Pages: 1 2 3

Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - Blues Pirate - 06-27-2013

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Smoking-ban-in-public-spaces-takes-effect-July-15_14576607#ixzz2XNOsYkhp

Good luck enforcing this one when the police are already ineffective in dealing with crime and violence.

no smoking - Rambo - 06-27-2013

The Police ?....they will do just fine with this......gives them someplace safe to work.......keeps them off the streets where the shooting and "rude boys" are
doing the really bad stuff................

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - Sophie - 06-27-2013

This will have zero effect on Smokey and I. When we go out to eat we are usually with non smokers and walk over to the edge of a place to smoke anyway. Nobody should have to breath our smoke. Now........ if someone way away from us wants to bit## just because they can SMELL it they can pretty much take a flying,,,,,,,well ya know. Someone would bit## about the SMELL of ciggy but not be bothered by burning plastic, garbage dumpsters, garbage trucks, piss, dog sh#t, ganja, mosquito fogging, the random scent of sewer(or sewage?) and the occasional stocky who smells like they rolled in a dead squirrel? Ptttttt.......... Negril- an area that is world renowned for the sex and drug trade........... ok- go home with aids but GOD FORBID ya might smell a ciggy from a block away.........smh. While I'm on this rant..... A country where your FREAKIN' ROOF can be cut open to commit robbery and murder, a country where grown men sex babies and people look away, where people are chopped to bits with machetes......... yep, for sure second hand smoke should be at THE TOP of their list of priorities. Hmmmmm, menopause is like truth serum, just sayin'.

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - suzengrace - 06-27-2013

Sophie-----LOL..it is the truth you speak ......i agree fully ...

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - Pineapple - 06-27-2013

Sophie, tells us how you really think. LOL! But so true-so true.

Crap, do they really think the "legal system" (and I use that term with a tounge in my cheek) will withstand more people through it? REALLY - It's been 2.5 years and they still haven't been able to set a court date for Reid who shot and killed a Mickey in broad daylight, in frount of his business with witnesses.

Jamaica has soooo damn much more to think about than 2nd had smoke. There are so many more DEADLY things in Jamaica -(besides all the shit that Sophie mentioned). You take your life in your hands walking down the road because someone thinks it's a damn drag strip, swimming in the sea with out of control jetskis, etc.

This has really gotten me riled up again and I was just getting over the experiences of last reach and 1/2 of those had to do with non-Jamaicans.

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - Sophie - 06-27-2013

Ok--- Rant part deux Piney- The cop that shot Mickey Hill is not in prison, a guy that managed a hotel and was a known pedophile(now dead, goodie) never went to prison, naked people, spouse swapping, guy found dead in room with needle hanging out of arm, guy that used to(and may still?) walk down the road with his d*ck hanging out, theft, deceit ......the list is endless of the nastiness that happens in Jamaica. AGAIN--- they have TIME to worry about cigarettes? I'm trying to imagine the number of hummers and full on intercourse that has happened at Alfred's...... but sweet jesus.... at all costs do NOT allow me to smoke a cig in a joint with no freakin' WALLS! Cause gee- it's so much better to smell like hooker sex than smoke. I'm just trying to picture my reaction to a person hanging with a paid companion turning up their nose at me smoking. Alfred's?? The place that got our order wrong and then TRIED to refuse to give our money back? The place where I once saw a woman wearing gold lame and fake fur in the summer? Yep- it's for sure a high class joint that should not allow us nasty smokers. I guess if I ever set foot in there again I better not smell ganja...... cause I'm gonna throw a full on, show my a$$ fit.

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - booger - 06-28-2013

"I'm a smoker and considerate of others around me. I leave a restaurant if I want to have a smoke and I "field dress" my butts until I can find a proper receptacle to throw them away. If people are around me, I ask if they mind if I light up, if they say it bothers them, I move away a little more."

Field dress? Lol!

field strip is the words I believe you were looking for. Field dress is a hunting term.......

I have to admit that those fines are unreal....... But I can see cops writing tickets instead of dealing with the real issues. Just like cops in the US who shake down stoners while bangers and taggers destroy our streets.

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - wit - 06-28-2013

Jamaica = epic dysfunction Sad . Great posts Sophie and Piney. I agree!

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - oldtimer - 06-28-2013

Beer farts ...where are they on the list ??? Just asking not judgeing !!!

Re: Public Smoking Ban in effect July 15th - kylake - 06-28-2013

"Field Strip" is what the called it when I was in the Army over 40 years ago.