The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
water tank ... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: water tank ... (/showthread.php?tid=66854)

water tank ... - oldtimer - 06-11-2013

I just bought a water tank 450 gal. and all the fittings for a friend (OLD FRIEND) up in Redground. Total cost 26,500 J . Sweetie is the only Jamaican EVER !!!!! to never ask me for anything and I've known her since I was 18 years old. They haven't had water through the pipe for over 2 years and she can't carry the water any more . The big hotels have to fill their pools and flush their 10,000 toilets at the expense of water to Redground. And I still don't know ( yes I do ) where does all the poop go. 3:00AM dump ( excuse the pun ) into the river and down the beach. The closest I would swim to town is about Travellers .

Re: water tank ... - jitterbug - 06-11-2013

sounds like she deserves the gift . . . i'm with you on the poop situation . . . down the river and into the ocean . . .

Re: water tank ... - RGondaRoad - 06-11-2013

I feel Sweetie's pain, that was so nice of you to do. Last year the price of tanks shot up as more neighborhoods became dry. The situation does not look like its going to improve soon.

Bless you OT, you did a mitzvah.

Re: water tank ... - wit - 06-11-2013

very nice of you OT. So you found one....there may be possibly more than one In a population of 3 million that doesn't ask for anything? Think about it.

Re: water tank ... - oldtimer - 06-11-2013

mitzvah ????? is that like black rum and ting ??? no Wit I check everyone and she is it !!!!! the only one !!!!! or it feels like I checked everyone...hehehe

Re: water tank ... - suzengrace - 06-11-2013

Good for you OT...smething that will be totally needed and appreciated..

About 6 months ago i sent emails to various "water organizations" etc re"the testing of water at the beach, cliffs, -who keeps track..The only one that answered me back was NEEP (something like that-) and they said they dont monitor it...NO one else ever got back to me- I started all this becasue of arguments I got into on "another board" re: water quality...just wanted to know WHO if ANYONE regualrly (if at all)monitors the water quality in Negrill...(and by that I mean the beaches (at various area)as well as various areas on the cliffs)

I get all kind of tap dancing- and one study from about 10 years ago re; the treatment plant...Basically i never got an answer-cause (i believe) nobody does monitor it..If I'm wrong (and I'd love to be) someone please correct me.

Here in S.Cali- right off catalina Island the water is beautiful clear and blue ,just like the water in negril- but its been tested many times and comes up as the most polluted in on the West coast of the USA... Cant judge water quality just on color/clarity...

OK.sorry to get off track..... Blessings to you OT...

Re: water tank ... - booger - 06-11-2013

Clear and blue off Catalina? News to me..... You talking off Avalon or around the backside? I am born and raised in So Cal and do not touch the ocean water anymore as I have seen all sorts of undesirable shit in it.

Over New Years I was at Fun Holiday to see some friends for a bit and the aroma was horrible. I'm with OT and will only go in the water a good bit up from the river, even though it's probably just as bad.....

Re: water tank ... - suzengrace - 06-11-2013

hey booger -am also born and raised here in S.Cali- and gone with friends who fish all around catalina -and other channel islands-as well as with friends who scuba off catalina- and its is pretty and blue in quite a few areas..

I too wont go in the ocean around OC--yuck...

My favorite area to swim and hang is at Cosmos and the long bay public beach which is way up from the river..

Re: water tank ... - booger - 06-11-2013

Good to know. I'm headed out to Catalina at the end of the month to fish. And I cannot figure out why I haven't made it up that far on the beach. It's past CSA right? If so, I just figured it out. Lol

Re: water tank ... - RGondaRoad - 06-12-2013

My god-daughter just moved to Catalina, got her self a full time job with the Conservancy...can't wait to visit her, I've never been there!

As far as swimming, its pretty much always clear and beautiful on the cliffs and I enjoy swimming in the sea at Half Moon Beach. Trying to remember the last time I swam off the beach at Long Bay. Been a while.

Water quality is one thing - water availability - potable, drinking/cooking water quite another. Still way too many neighborhoods in and around Negril that have NONE. Which is why the tank OT bought for his friend is such a "mitzvah" (Jewish for good deed). My neighbors and others have been struggling to put together the essentials for a system to collect and distribute water in their yards (my yard included in that predicament), even if its trucked in. Again, such a nice thing to do, the tanks and pumps needed have gotten very expensive in light of the ongoing water crisis there.