The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Need info driving thru Blue mts - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Need info driving thru Blue mts (/showthread.php?tid=66591)

Pages: 1 2

Need info driving thru Blue mts - suzengrace - 06-02-2013

Looks like this up-coming trip to Jam is going to include a roadtrip to St Thomas Parish-planing on staying near lyssons/port morant for a few days then explore the blue mts..

Anyone have suggestions of best route/roads to get from N.Coast area (falmouth) down to st thomas parish-and/or also suggests routes gogin back that we can stop off and spend time in blue mts...

I've never been to blue mts or even driven the interior of the island-last time we drove the coastal hwy to PA..

Any other suggestions you all have about things to do,places to stay,eat,etc -esp swimming holes, mineral springs-would be greatly appreciated..

Hey Liz looks like treasure beach will be on the reach following this one hopefully...St thomas/blue mts won-out this time...

Re: Need info driving thru Blue mts - oldtimer - 06-03-2013

Go along the north shore until you come to Buff Bay. (about 25 miles from Ochi).Turn right and your off !!! It is a hard drive ( or it use to be ). Cold , wet but BEAUTIFUL !!!!! on a clear day. When you do come out by Kingston don't stay in that area. It really is an adventure. Lots of people talk about it but few go. There is a place where you can hike to the highest peak but be in some sort of shape to do it. 911 isn't close. You will probably enjoy yourself .

Re: Need info driving thru Blue mts - suzengrace - 06-03-2013

OT and LIz- Thank you so much for all the info..I did the coastal route last time and it was really nice-will probably go that way and come back thru the mts..
Thanks for the link up at Tracys place- I'm familiar with who she is but never met her-Her place is Fabulous and would defintely stay there if in Kingston.

Again, I appreciate your info...

Re: Need info driving thru Blue mts - Mattjamaica - 06-03-2013

If your passing between Ochee and Spanish Town, I would stop at Faiths Pen vendor stalls for a good feed before they open up the new bypass. There is also a very nice blue hole maybe 15-20 minutes away. After you pass Kingston, on it's outskirts is Rockfort which has a luke warm mineral spring, and access to some of the remains of the fort itself, including old canons. On the border of St Andrew and St Thomas is the cane river, which has an excellent water fall and swimming oportunities. If I get a chance I will post some of my pics of those places. Bath has a small hot fountain spring, however be ready for the onslaught if you decide to go. Somewhere in the vicinity of St Thomas there is also Reggae falls, I haven't been there yet. Head up into the mountains for sure, so many different options, get up high and check out the stunning views. enjoy.

Matt.

Re: Need info driving thru Blue mts - wit - 06-03-2013

much thanks to all the contributors of this fabulous thread

Re: Need info driving thru Blue mts - suzengrace - 06-04-2013

Thanks again to Dr o and matt for more info--I really appreciate it.

This will be my 4 th time driving in Jam.last reach drove to PA and to Bath fountain (my 2nd time there).I don't have a problem anymore with major potholes, overtakers/speeders(I let them go right past me) I guess my anxiety is those narrow roads with cliffs on one side and gullies on the other..and then dealing with another on-coming vehicle..yikes (am good driver but not best at reverse) so the blue mt routes are intimidating to me-and then the talk of wash-out or landslides...Oh my... Who knows.maybe i get settled in st thomas and pay someone else to drive up there-just not sure tili check it out myself..For sure what to check out cane falls and reggae falls
and bull bay at the surfing place and really want to go to Port royal and of course check-out blue mts...no hiking to any summits this time,but getting the lay of the land ,a future trip for sure

so Dr O-did you drive all the way to prince valley ? If i stay up in blue mts looksl ike a place i really would like..
Just going to have to wait and see-as you know best laid plans in Jam sometime go in an entirely different direction..

You all rock....thanks again

Re: Need info driving thru Blue mts - Marie - 06-04-2013

You will have the time of your life suzengrace, Blue Mountain is my favorite place.

Make sure you wear the proper hiking shoes and if going all the way to the peak it does get cold and wet so dress accordedly.

Check out Castleton Gardens if you get the chance.

Enjoy to the fullest!

Hey Jitters- will be back for couple weeks mid -july. Plan on spending about 4 nights over in st thomas,the rest time in the yard,as well as hanging at the beach in duncans when i need my ocean fix.

Thanks Liz- I think i can handle it-just no mudslides or wash-outs please (LOL)
Really appreciate the video-does take some of the anxiety away..

One more question: I'm curious what the avg driving times would be on the three separate routes =1) Ochi-Kingston, 2) Annotto - Kingston, 3)Buff Bay - Kingston....

Thanks again