The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! (/showthread.php?tid=66362)

2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - oldtimer - 05-19-2013

2 more fisherman lost their lives on Sat while trying !!! to return home from lobster fishing. The prices have dropped again and they were trying !!! to make up some days by fishing in a storm. It's a hard life and tough decisions have to be made. Would I have fished Sat ....probably a few years ago but not today..I've paid my dues !!!!! It tears my f****** heart out of my chest ,all because the millionaire buyers are looking for bigger profits !!!! GREED !!!! out plays the men trying to pay their expenses and their men. BLOOD MONEY !!!!!RIP my brothers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - Angel - 05-19-2013

Sorry to hear that Oldtimer. My heart goes out to the family and friends.

Re: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - oldtimer - 05-20-2013

Doc...I go down to the wharf every morning to watch the men/boats leave . I drive home with damp eyes alot of mornings. I miss the sea,the lifestyle,the men , and most of all I miss Howlin' Wolf by my side. I come to the wharf everyday on the return of the fleet and when someone is in trouble, returning to the rage that put them there . When there is a problem on a boat there is no place to go . The young men trying to do everything to bring a catch home to sell to feed and raise their families. I said it before "I'd pick a fisherman to do any job .They know what work is .They know what commitment is . They know EVERYTHING !!!! about teamwork. They just don't know when/or how to stay ashore." The fishermen that go to the Pedro Banks off the south coast of Ja run a life of peril fishing. But ....you can't fish from shore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - DAWN - 05-20-2013

So sorry for the lives lost in pursuit of trying to make a living..xoxo ot..

Re: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - rootswoman - 05-20-2013

I am so sorry OT.
I always have had utmost respect for fisherman, more than any other job I can think of.
I am sure it kills you to think of those young Men and their families.
I tear up thinking of you watching the fleet come in.
I understand how much you miss Howling Wolf.
There are no words that can ease the pain of what you are going through. I am glad that we can be here for you to talk about it.
Give Spud a big hug.
RIP Brave Souls.

Re: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - goldilocks - 05-20-2013

So, so sad. My condolences to you and the families.

Some fishermen on Cape Cod have resorted to selling their catch directly to consumers right off the boat in an effort to get a better price than the middleman will pay them.

Re: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - Sprat - 05-20-2013

So sorry to hear about this OT...it shouldn't have to be like this, but as you said...with the dropping prices of lobster...it pushes fisherman to take risks.

On this past reach...I really had empathy for the fishermen in Jamaica...seeing how hard they work for the catch they get and the final price they are paid. It seems thankless at times, but their passion for fishing as their livelyhood is so visable.

Thanks for sharing...and condolences to the families....

Re: 2 more fisherman.. LOST !!! - oldtimer - 05-20-2013

and it's all over money !!! BLOOD MONEY, FUCKIN' BLOOD MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!