The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rootswoman- I am sorry - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Rootswoman- I am sorry (/showthread.php?tid=66345)

Rootswoman- I am sorry - macyoder - 05-19-2013

I am really sorry my post offended you. In life I learned a lot of the things we do are say that hurt others, come from the pain within.

Re: Rootswoman- I am sorry - rootswoman - 05-19-2013

No problem Macy.
Your answer explained it very well. I guess that was my mission. I wanted you to back up your statements and you did that very eloquently.
I think you are a wonderful person and a gift to this board.
When I say offended it is not anything deep - I never allow what I read on message boards to do that.
A big hug to you - if I was still in LA I'd drive out and give you one in person.

even bigger hug My Dear! That says it all!

One of the things that really moved me in the movie and it was also something I had read about, and that was how much Bob helped the people of Kingston. They erected a "soup kitchen" on his property and every day they would feed long lines of hungry people.

Those are the sort of things I didn't want you to discount. I saw the movie on TV on VH1 - if it ever comes around again you should give it a shot as it is FREE - we know you love a good bargain. (and so do I)

OMG!

Next thing I know you will be smoking pot!

just kidding! lol lol lol

I love you girl!

Re: Rootswoman- I am sorry - rootswoman - 05-20-2013

OMG - I love you Macy!
You are not showing your roots now!
Open mindedness is the key!

I am grinning from ear to ear!

Macyoder your ok - Angel - 05-21-2013

Macyoder I accept you for who you are

Re: Rootswoman- I am sorry - rootswoman - 05-21-2013

You filled my heart with happiness Macy.

I really enjoyed this book -

http://www.amazon.com/Rasta-Heart-Journey-Into-Love/dp/1565220749

and while I was looking i saw these earrings - they are kind if expensive but what a pretty design - I bet Doc would love these.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/117131090/macrame-earrings-rasta-heart-cowrie

Re: Rootswoman- I am sorry - goldilocks - 05-23-2013

my comments on "Rasta Heart" are included in the "Gathering of the Healers!" that flipped me out that Mr. Roskind would take the time to include reader's comments.

Re: Rootswoman- I am sorry - rootswoman - 05-23-2013

Macy - Bless your (Rasta) HEART lol! Thank you for being so open (and a good friend) - I feel very proud and happy reading what you just said.

Yes, The sequel "Gathering of the Healers" is a great book. Goldilocks - I will have to look for my copy of Gathering and read your comments. At one point I had written to Roskind, as I was ordering Rasta Heart for my now departed nephew who was a tremendous fan of Roots Reggae. Roskind not only wrote me back a hand written note, and signed the book to Kyle, he also sent me a CD of The Gathering. I thought that was so dear of him. unfortunately the CD didnt play. :-(

How ironic it is that I (a white American) is suggesting a book by another white American to read and learn about what I believe is a really great introductory exploration into "what is Rasta" to a Jamaican.

Doc - Lol - lol - How funny that we have not met (yet), but I can already pick out earrings that I knew you would love. They were so different from anything I have ever seen - such a beautiful design - I'm so glad you ordered some!

Has anyone been following Roskind these days? He was doing some "gatherings" here in the states at one point. I used to be on his mailing list but can't recall seeing anything for awhile now. His work was really intriguing.