The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. (/showthread.php?tid=66331)

Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - rootswoman - 05-18-2013

I'd love any feedback - pictures etc.

Re: Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - Bruce - 05-19-2013

We went to Punta Cana a couple of years ago Rootswoman. Most people go to hang on the beaches, which are beautiful, and to hang around their all inclusive. When we went, the only time we left the AI area was to go on a guided tour of the area. It was a great tour and if you decide to go there I will give you some info on the tour. We are not rushing to return, but we could possibly go back if we want a vacation just to relax and hang out. Below are some of my photos from the trip.

http://imagesbybruce.smugmug.com/Travel/Punta-Cana/15739497_FF55vS#!p=3&n=15

Re: Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - oldtimer - 05-19-2013

lovely pics !!!! My son loves the D.R. and St Kitt's being a close 2nd.

Re: Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - rootswoman - 05-19-2013

Bruce - Thank you!

Those are great pictures. My favorites were
1. The first boy with a chicken and a smile to die for.
2. The first bent bent palm tree picture - awesome - (im sure we will be taking lots of bent palm tree pics lol)
3. The girl jumping into the pool
4. The boy playing in the waves - priceless!

Your wife looks very happy there and She looks like such a nice woman.

I realized I have never seen a picture of you - is that white man with a black woman you by any chance? Handsome guy!

Ah so you son likes the DR - OT - that is a good sign - I've wanted to go to St Kitts Ever since I first heard about it in this song back when I was in high school.

It looks like we are going to get to go there this summer. We will be in an all inclusive (Hard Rock Resort) for a few nights and we will have a few days to do something different.

I'm trying to figure out what the "different" thing will be. The tour sounds like a good idea Bruce -what were the highlights? I don't know if we should stay in Punta Cana or venture elsewhere.

OT - please ask your son if there is a "Must See" place in the DR.

Everyone I talk to stayed in all inclusives. My brother took his family down there some years ago. One day he and his oldest daughter "escaped" the resort. (My Brother is very adventurous - he was one of those early travelers to Negril 40 odd years ago) They found a guy who gave them a tour and they had a great time . The only drawback was they stopped at some roadside place to eat and my niece ended up with a terrible case of food poisoning. She had to go on an IV.

Unfortunately - this is the only first hand account I have of the DR beyond the all inclusive walls.

Re: Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - rootswoman - 05-21-2013

Cool Bruce.
That looks like a lot of fun!
His testimonials are certainly glowing - thank you for the lead.

Re: Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - Aunt+Nancy - 05-22-2013

Rootswoman, do you speak any Spanish at all?

If you do, it's easy to break out of the AIs and take advantage of a great bus/road/taxi system to do whatever appeals to you. There are some nice small hotels in Punta Cana, and it's easy to get north to Samana or head along the south coast, and the Orientales mountains (close to Punta Cana) are very pretty.

These are some 7-year-old pics of a quick week I spent exploring the south and southeast of DR using mostly public transport. Really lots to do besides beaches !

Re: Any one been to Punta Cana in the D.R. - rootswoman - 05-23-2013

Wow, Aunt Nancy! Thank you!
What a great slide show. Beautiful pictures!
It looks an awful lot like Jamaica.
I am so glad you shared this.
I don't speak Spanish but I am happy to say Dread does.
I really want to experience both in and out of the AI.