The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
My Little Runaway - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: My Little Runaway (/showthread.php?tid=66299)

My Little Runaway - DAWN - 05-16-2013

This past Monday was finally some decent weather and I was sporting a dress and some strappy sandals. Lily has underground fencing at home but at work I have to tie her on a chain. We are right along a very busy road. I looked out the window and saw my Boss pull up in the crane and then spot Lily running loose around him. I wonder to myself what is he thinking letting Lily off the chain to play. I didn’t even complete my thought and off she sprints across the parking lot, across the busy road and up the first of 3 hills and about 1,300’ down hill from hospital.

I hopped in my car and drove to the road between hill 1 and 2. She would come up to me just out of my reach and then take off. I would move the car and she would follow, jump on my window and when I opened the door she would sprint again. She was having so much fun sniffing, rolling and running at full tilt. This went on for about 1.5 hours. Then she went to the top of hill #2. She would disappear from site and then when I honked the horn, she would appear at the top of the hill again to look at me.

She then disappeared completely. I drove to the back side of the hospital and couldn’t spot her anywhere. I came back to work and posted on facebook and called the local radio station. I then drove back up the hills to see if I could find her. I decided to call the hospital to see if possibly someone found her wandering around the parking lot. The receptionist said..”you are not going to believe this but something just came across the intercom that there was a dog running loose in the halls of hospital.”

She had let herself in the automatic doors and took off down the hall! When they brought me to where they were holding her, she was getting a big massage from two guys in uniforms. What a dog!

This was taken the night of runaway...looks guilty don't she?

Re: My Little Runaway - jitterbug - 05-16-2013

so glad you found her, there is nothing more terrifying than when your pet bolts . . . i've experienced 4 runaways with my sophie and thankfully she returned on her own each time . . . we searched everywhere . . . my dog is terrified of round objects in the sky like a baloon and will bolt at the site of that.

Re: My Little Runaway - rootswoman - 05-16-2013

Wow! That must have been really scary while it was happening but it is quite a cute and funny story now that Lily is home safe. What a cutie she is!

Re: My Little Runaway - oldtimer - 05-17-2013

Dogs are either doing stuff or they are thinking about doing stuff. Spud will either be eaten by coyotes while running home or get nailed by a car BUT she will never be eaten by a coyote on the end of a cable or run over by a car while tied up. I'm glad Lily made it safe and sound !!!! Just a question "will Lily come back if your in the country and she is off the leash ?" Spud goes deaf sometimes but then it's "hey what's happenin' ?"

Re: My Little Runaway - DAWN - 05-17-2013

Deaf for sure ot...I joke that her ears are painted on when she is loose..