The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
First week in July - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: First week in July (/showthread.php?tid=66107)

Pages: 1 2

First week in July - Luvsdaislands - 05-06-2013

Hey everyone!!!

I haven't been to Jamaica during the summer months in a very long time and have forgotten what it is like!! Can you all share what Negril will be like the first week in July?? Crowded?? Not Crowded?? Lots of young folk? Old folks? Events/Parties?? etc. etc. etc.

Luvs

Re: First week in July - suzengrace - 05-06-2013

A lot more hotter and humid-due to more rain,usually in the afternoon.
Way slower, some shops, etc close during the slower months. A lot less crowded. As far as the type of traveler,not anything stands out..I'd imagine folks out of school for summer as well as families...and people who dont like the crowded winter season..

Re: First week in July - Yamangurl - 05-07-2013

Hot!Hot!Hot! (with humidity)Ditto what Suzen said.
I have spent many July 4th holidays in Negril.
Many shops/restaurants not open, especially on the west end.

Re: First week in July - Markospoon - 05-07-2013

Hey Luvs, It will be slower and hotter.

Look out for rains and hurricanes.

The lobsters should be back on sale by July.

But, still always a good time to be in Jamaica.

Re: First week in July - tinabean - 05-07-2013

yep, love Jamaica in the summer...it is hot, really hot and humid and so much slower and laidback then in the winter! Love it and enjoy it more then when I go in the winter (Jan/Feb). Also have noticed more Italians, but not sure if that is because there is less of us North Americans so they stand out more...don't know, but have been told by a few that they come more in the summer then any other time, don't know if that is true. Will be there again for ATI and all of August!

Re: First week in July - BrenJaLee - 05-07-2013

I'm not sure how it could be any slower than last week. I couldn't believe how dead it was. Have never seen it like that. With the exception of a few hotels, the beach seem deserted. Hardly anyone walking along the shore. Barely ANY vendors out at all. Didn't see any of the cut fruit guys until the last day I saw one. Same with cigs guy. Never saw him the whole week until the last day. Only one fresh fruit lady. I don't think I ever saw one juice guy the whole week. Heck, I didn't even see one jet ski three of the days. Saw a few out a couple days. Only saw the parasailing boat out once. I'm telling you, it was like a ghost town compared to normal.

Re: First week in July - booger - 05-09-2013

Brenda,
We were on the same beach right? I saw all of the above multiple times. The one thing I did notice was the lack of drug dealers.

July is hot hot hot. I stayed at Blue Cave last July in the Penthouse, which has no AC and I was miserable. Moved to Catcha for my last night so I could sleep. I do not see myself ever going back in July, but who knows.

Re: First week in July - Yvonne - 05-10-2013

This thread reminds me how we all have different perspectives & interpretations. Yes, it is s...l....o...w, as in very, but that's what I love about summer. I much prefer slow over crazy, busy, hectic. That's probably because I go to Negril to relax. It's been very slow in the summer for years. I usually stay June & July & I'm on the beach. I don't know how anyone can be in Negril in the summer w/ no AC. Not me.

As June flows into July the shower/rain patterns change & they become more frequent & earlier in the day but early July is at the mid point of that progression. Your location on the beach also makes a difference. It can be raining at Treehouse & clear as can be at Travellers. Last summer was quite interesting weather-wise. There was always a breeze so it felt very comfortable.

Being a Floridian I'm used to hot & humid in the summer. One thing I've learned through many long stays in the summer... Negril beats Tampa any day. The temperature is easily 5-7 degrees cooler during the day, as much as 8-9 degrees cooler at night. The humidity is easily 10-15% lower in Negril. As an avid weather watcher (comes w/ being a runner & a wimp in cool - below 75 - weather), Negril is MUCH more comfortable than FL, at least if you're on the beach. It'll be in the low 70's at night, upper 80's during the day, humidity in the mid-high 70's. If it's rained, the whole scenario changes... steamy.

Last summer, I was probably the only person on the beach where I stay for a week when I first arrived in June. The property's population increased & decreased over the weeks. More Jamaicans around July 4th because that's about when school is out for the summer there. I like the coziness of small groups of people vs the crowded hoards of February. If you want action, you'll find it; just not as much as other times of year. If you like relaxing, it's a great time to be in Negril. That's my take, for what it's worth.

Re: First week in July - BrenJaLee - 05-10-2013

LOL Booger. Yes but you are mostly on the cliffs where I am on the beach morning, noon and night. There was definitely a VAST difference in both tourist and vendor presence from all my previous 10 trips. Even the ones when. Was there Memorial Day and 4th of July. Several of us "Beach Girls" were talking about it.

Re: First week in July - BrenJaLee - 05-10-2013

Totally agree on the heat. A place with A/C is almost a must. And the ocean water can almost be too warm also, not as refreshing. But.... being IN Jamaica anytime is always better than sitting in my office dreaming of Jamaica!