The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rasta Stan. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Rasta Stan. (/showthread.php?tid=66079)

Rasta Stan. - oldtimer - 05-05-2013

.I read your report about the "overcharge" on beer at Bella Donna's. Good job !!!!

Re: Rasta Stan. - Schuttzie - 05-05-2013

I agree. Need to bring it to attention.

Re: Rasta Stan. - RGondaRoad - 05-06-2013

Not following...haven't been to Bella's place to eat/drink in years (visited with her a few times in the past few years...) - how much is she charging and for what?

Re: Rasta Stan. - oldtimer - 05-06-2013

Apparently on the West End Rd bus crawl they charged $5 US for their beer and something for their pizza. Not cool !!!! Something that did surprise me was that most of the people are from the A/I's .Just makes what they tell their guests right !!! But from what was saios it was the ONLY !!! place that jacked the price up for the bus.

Re: Rasta Stan. - RGondaRoad - 05-06-2013

$5 for a beer? Wow. Ballsy but understandable operating under the make hey when the sun shines concept as Jamaican business people do ALL the time. Bella's been in biz for a long time...

That said I find it hard to believe that most if not all the places don't jack their prices up even by 100JMD per beer/drink when the bus rolls in. Most participants are not coming back to No Limit or Pee Wees or Bella Donnas. Maybe places like Xtabi and Pushcart might not increase their prices but they already charge a buyer-market price all the time. The smaller places see this as an opportunity to make a little sumting while that sumting is going on.

And then what about Lenbert's "bratta"? It would make sense to me that he's getting a likkle on the side for bringing a busload of 50 hard drinkin' folks to a place they might never see otherwise...and that could account for the price hike on drinks for them...

Just thinking out loud...

Re: Rasta Stan. - Pineapple - 05-06-2013

Even over heard talk at the airport about this. Not good advertisement.

Re: Rasta Stan. - oldtimer - 05-06-2013

Places like MiYard didn't jack their price .Short term gain..long term lose !!!!

Re: Rasta Stan. - RGondaRoad - 05-07-2013

OT, agreed...like I said I was just thinking out loud, I've never been on the crawl but have been to all the places the crawl goes - just sayin' I would understand a minimal price hike, if that were the case. If that's not happening on a majority of the crawl stops, more power to 'em! Of course, minimal is not a $5USD beer...

Re: Rasta Stan. - Marie - 05-07-2013

Try eating at Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World etc that's where your pocket really hurts

Re: Rasta Stan. - oldtimer - 05-07-2013

I realise that it's "only" a couple of $'s ..BUT !!!! that's not what the "cluster" is trying to promote . This is one of situations where the timid don't want to be standing by me. Can nothing be done honestly or how it's portrayed ? I didn't charge tourists more for their lobsters .MiYard and the rest of them didn't overcharge .