The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Lines at immagration - outrageous - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Lines at immagration - outrageous (/showthread.php?tid=65641)

Pages: 1 2

Lines at immagration - outrageous - Pineapple - 04-24-2013

Just to give you an idea how the trip started - first the plane was an hour late out of stl because of fuel tank light probem. Then when we finally get to JA and we get off the plane, walking toward immagration. We have to carry our bags up the stairs because the escalator was not working. (I don't know about you - but my carry-on is nearly as heavy as my checked bag.) As we hit the top of the stairs we couldn't believe our eyes.

There were lines you had to stand in, just to get inline. It took over an hour and a half to get through. Oh BTW the AC was just barely working. Sorta felt like the old airport days, only without the huge stand fans.

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - macyoder - 04-24-2013

Wow!

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - Marie - 04-24-2013

So it's true people are flocking to Jamdown

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - Yvonne - 04-24-2013

I thought the purpose of closing of exit immigration was to shift those officers to man incoming immigration. Looks like things are worse than ever. Either tourism to JA is up, immigration is poorly staffed, several large planes filled w/ lots of passengers landed at the same time, or any combination. This one can't be blamed on US sequestration.

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - Sundowner - 04-24-2013

Wow! Who says no one is going to Jamaica anymore??

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - booger - 04-24-2013

Man that blows! I am on my way their now and could only hope I do not have to deal with that shit. All the alcohol I plan on consuming on the way down will have me tap dancing. Sorry you had to deal with that lady.....

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - mickey - 04-24-2013

i've never seen it like that since that new area was opened!

i'll be ya smokey was pissed!!!

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - Susantherese - 04-24-2013

Ouch! I flew in on a Tuesday quite early to save money on the air. I was through in about 10-15 minutes in early April. I guess I was lucky !

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - Aunt+Nancy - 04-24-2013

Yes, yes, it totally sucks to have to stand in a long line after a long flight towards the expectation of pleasure.
Totally sucks.
But if your plane arrives an hour or so after it was scheduled to, is that the fault of Jamaica immigration? Jamaica may have its problems, but they can;t be reasonably expected to run out and instantly hire an extra team of people to process a late arrival plane if there was another flight that landed at the same time.
IMO It's entirely the fault of the airline with the faulty whatever it was (or maybe sometimes the fault of the weather) whatever....
Personally I take all sorts of last minute charter flights from Canada to other places, those airlines are working on such a thin margin and such things go wrong sometimes equipment wise at the last minute that I sometimes wonder why I do it except I just need to get the heck out of the winter!
I recently flew into Roatan, except I didn't actually get there when expected because the island was stormed in. After we circled for a while, the pilot announced "we only have 15 more minutes of fuel so we have to fly to Cozumel."
The passengers went pretty quiet. Personally I was trying to figure out whether 15 minutes of fuel would get us that distance.
Fortunately, the pilot came back on and said "I mispoke, I meant 15 safe minutes before we are legally obliged to head to the backup airport."
Huge sigh from passengers!
It made for a long day, what with sitting for hours on the hot strip at Cozumel. Fortunately, there were no other passngers in the line when we finally made the destination. But if there had been, it would not have been the fault of the airport Smile

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - DAWN - 04-24-2013

To add to the congestion some airlines fail to give you the correct forms so once you reach the bottom of the ramp they grab you to tell you that you need a next form.

My last reach I flew us airways and was only given one form on the plane. Even when I asked the flight attendant, she said that you only need one. Needless to say it was a cluster &@$# when we got to said ramp...