The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Cruise Report: Not the vacation Planned - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Cruise Report: Not the vacation Planned (/showthread.php?tid=65162)

Cruise Report: Not the vacation Planned - macyoder - 04-12-2013

Hi guys
I am back from the cruise with my son. Well, it was not the cruise or get-a-way I had planned but definitely the one I needed. Leading up to the cruise I was having very difficult personal time, then I read about the death of the two youths, one with my son's name, followed by the poster with one comment, convinced me these boards may no longer be for me. Not sure I was going to do this report but for the FEW who don't mind, here it is.

Now this was a planned Western Caribbean cruise get-a-way (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) with my son. Short and to the point, my son got away from his mama and did his own thing. Well, what a mama to do but have the time of her life. Without a doubt this was one of my best vacation ever and I must say being in Jamaica was a big part of it. On this trip I prayed, smiled, laughed, cried, choked, and literally danced my ass off.

To start, I prayed that I would get back from dancing and into bed before my son. I smiled, while sitting alone at dinner my son walked in with another family, but came over a gave me a kiss on the cheek. I cried when I listened to the marching band played the Star Spangled Banner as the guests boarded the ship. I thought it was a class act and gesture of the host port. I choked when this Mexican guy got on his knees and asked me to marry him (oh, more on that later). Yes, the party was on and I did not miss a beat.

The first port was Montego Bay- I haven't done a Caribbean cruise before so never had the chance to see the beauty of the island in the distance from the deck/balcony of a ship. As the ship approached port I recognized the towers of Sunset Beach and Spa. From the moment it became visible to the time we hit port, it seemed like an eternity. Outside of Kauai, Jamaica is one of the most beautiful places I have been. I got off the ship and my brother was there waiting for me. We decided to throw caution to the wind and rode back to the north coast to see the rest of my siblings and their kids. First, quick stop in St. Ann's Bay, followed by another quick stop in the town of Ocho Rios to say hi to another brother, finally to the home of my youngest sibling where my sister, who lives in Canada, happened to be visiting. This was the first time since our father's death, 21 years ago, I have seen all my siblings, by another madda, at the same time. It was truly wonderful and heart warming. Here are a few of the pics to start.

-Run Away Bay

Re: Cruise Report: Not the vacation Planned - macyoder - 04-12-2013

First stop in St Ann's Bay- the top level will be ocean view, sweet.

Re: Cruise Report: Not the vacation Planned - Angel - 04-12-2013

Macyoder I'm glad you are back and were able to see your family. Please post more on your trip. Sorry your son was not around much, hope you wore your beautiful dresses and enjoyed yourself.

Re: Cruise Report: Not the vacation Planned - suzengrace - 04-12-2013

goodlooking son,goodlooking mom !!! Glad you had a blast!! and glad your back her posting...not sure what you mean about some incident that wanted to keep you away..but that was then.this is now...so bring it on Girl....

ps. glad you didnt abandon the ship in Mexico-and made it back..propolsals??? this will be interesting..

Re: Cruise Report: Not the vacation Planned - DAWN - 04-14-2013

I sure did Macy..you sure know how to have fun!