The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Liquids carry-on question - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Liquids carry-on question (/showthread.php?tid=65086)

Pages: 1 2

Liquids carry-on question - jeannieb - 04-09-2013

We leave tomorrow morning! YAY!

We are all packed and have managed to do it all using only carry-on!

Now...I know the 3.1.1 rule. 3 - 3.oz bottles, 1 qt bag, 1 per person. BUT...The last time we traveled I KNOW I had a few of these bags with my liquids in them and I was cleared to go through.

This trip, I have 3 - 1 quart bags and Matt has 3 - 1 quart bags of 3oz liquids. Mostly sunblock.

Do you think we'll be ok? Should I just see if they'll let us through? The worst they can do is make us choose what we need the most. Right?

Re: Liquids carry-on question - ohliz - 04-09-2013

Darnit I typed a whole thing and accidentally hit "back" and lost it.

IME, most times it's no problem as long as each bottle is 3oz or less and everything is in a clear bag. Or bags..I usually bring two, prepared to give one up if i have to.

have a GREAT trip!!

Re: Liquids carry-on question - daniel - 04-09-2013

I think 6 bags is a little much ,but good luck, and have the best trip ever!!!!

I wasnt being critical. just saying. it might be cheaper to check one bag than lose your stuff.

Re: Liquids carry-on question - RGondaRoad - 04-09-2013

Jeannie, I do this once a month, 50% of the time I travel is carry-on.

You'd be amazed what you can cram into a 1 qt. bag.

Now - that said - if they find the extra baggies they will confiscate them. So if you want to take the risk, make sure you divvy up stuff so you have what you need. I don't suggest you even bother taking the risk.

You and your husband each get a bag. 3oz of sunscreen should last you for a week - that's my guess. If you have time to find stick-style sunscreen or bug repellant get that - that doesn't count as a liquid.

I discovered saline solution in individual one-use tube things. You can fit a lot in a baggie and still have what you need for your stay.

Re: Liquids carry-on question - suzengrace - 04-09-2013

I do what Oh Liz does-and also carry it all in one baggie-YOU can cram quite a bit..I recently started taking those bug spray towelettes (not liquid) very convenient to carry around and use(off makes)-if i dont bring any bug spray with me, I dont stress it ,sometime the bug spray that i buy at my destination works better than anything i bring-and usually not too $$$..Sunscreen, am little more picky and will bring my own...

Wow-cant wait to hear all about your trip and pics-Montserrat island ,correct???..My friend is going to St Lucia soon too (another island I long to visit)..You have a safe journey

Re: Liquids carry-on question - Sophie - 04-09-2013

Hey the repellent wipes are a great idea. I'm gonna pick some of those up- much easier to control exactly where you put the repellent when wiping on instead on spraying. Thanks for the idea!

Best laugh I've had in while . get the thickest toughest ziplock you can find. use 100 ml bottles and cram it as full as you can.lol . if you can find 1 litre baggies good. bottle size is 3.4 onces or 100 ml. baggie can be so full top doesnt have to close all the way! now you have room for more. lol

take them out of you luggage and put them in the bins going thu security,as ohliz suggest.not unusual to see two ziplocs together.couples.

Re: Liquids carry-on question - Aunt+Nancy - 04-09-2013

So interesting! And good info.
I travel with carryon only, sometimes up to six weeks at a time. (spent 6 weeks in East Africa last year with carryon that included hiking boots, snorkels and fins, clothes that had to cover my knees and elbows, as well as a laptop and camera equipment).
My understanding is that liquids and gels are all that have to go into the Ziploc. So I don’t put my stick deodorant in there, just stick it in an easily accesible backpack pocket in case an inspector takes offence. Smile
I buy small plastic squeeze containers at the pharmacy to decant my favorite skin cream, hair dye (well hell yeah, 6 weeks!!!) etc, and by eliminating the fancy packaging most products come in, that still leaves me plenty of space for a tube of good sunscreen, small tube of toothpaste, antibiotic ointment, cortisone ointment, and other possible necessities.
As Daniel and Liz mentioned, put that bag right into the bin as you go through the line.
In a separate Ziploc I keep any pill type prescriptions (including cipro or malarial pills just in case) and stuff the corners of my bag with stacks of those pad face cleansers (Neutrogena or whatever) that I cut in half to make them go longer. .
Lately I’ve been travelling with bar shampoo and conditioner from Lush. It doesn’t count as liquid. I was happy with their shampoos but the conditioner bar I bought melted in steamy weather. I also tried the Lush toothpaste “pills” but they tend to weld together in their package in humidity.