The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Summer Plans? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Summer Plans? (/showthread.php?tid=50883)

Summer Plans? - rootswoman - 06-12-2012

So what is everyone up too this summer?
Does anyone have any exciting plans in the making?

Dread is traveling a lot with his job so we couldn't plan much together - We did get tickets and a room up in Humboldt County, Cali. for "Reggae on The River"
Neither of us has been before so that is pretty exciting.

I'm heading to Maine next week for a couple of weeks- that trip will end with my nieces wedding in upper state New York . I am very excited to go home to New England - there is no place more beautiful in the summer, too me, having grown up there.

I'm going to take a lot of pictures this trip and Ill be sure to share the beauty I am speaking of.

Re: Summer Plans? - wit - 06-12-2012

very nice RW....Maine so pretty Smile

I'm taking the summer off for the first time since I was 17 years old Smile
I'm reconnecting with those I never had time for or the mood in the past two years. Mostly I'm doing a massive purge of my igloo.

I may do a little work on the side.

Looking forward to Macy's visit. That's about all I can afford this summer lol.

Re: Summer Plans? - suzengrace - 06-12-2012

Reggae on the river is going to be a blast!!! Its been many years since i went-but its so lovely up there in N. Cali..

Maine-never been but I seen pictures-beautiful to say the least..

A summer off .....ahhh-thats something i never had either-Sounds like your making good use of it Wit..

I will be going to Jam in few days-and it wont be so much as a vacation-a vacation from my everyday stateside life for sure-but not a lot of relaxing on this one..

Summertime is my work time-everyone else wants it off-so i get to pick up any extra-lets me travel other times of the year..And t can get so hot and crowded down her in S.Cali in summertime-the beaches are a zoo, not to mention any place else you go to-i despise crowds...So better if i just get on my work clothes and trudge off everyday.

Re: Summer Plans? - MihMih - 06-12-2012

I'm going to California in July to visit family and friends.. Looking forward to the cool dry weather, it sooooo hot in Jamaica and its only June.. LOL

Re: Summer Plans? - Angel - 06-12-2012

Have a good time MihMih and Rootswoman

Re: Summer Plans? - rootswoman - 06-12-2012

Wit - a summer off sounds like the perfect way to enjoy the beautiful place that you live now that the ice has melted. I hope you can though roughly relax and enjoy it. Its always great to have company as it gets one out doing the things you never do - unless company comes to town.

Suzanne - you are a clever woman who obviously knows how to budget your time and money well. Perhaps we can do an LA boardie thing this summer.

MihMIh - will this be your first trip to California? Where will you be staying - Its a huge and beautiful state with so much to see here. That is very exciting!

Angel, thank you. How about you? Is there anything you are looking forward to this summer?

Macy - you are something else. You have a lot of fun things going on in the near future. I bet Hubby will be thrilled to kick back while you go running all around. We need to do something with the so- cal boardies one of these days but you are going to be hard to pin down!

What else are you Jamaicaholics looking forward too? Any special company coming, places to go or things to do?

Re: Summer Plans? - Sprat - 06-12-2012

No big plans for summer here...first summer in our new home, so money and time will mostly be spent here.

A few winery tours this summer...and just booked at the end of June an Anniversary weekend away in Nova Scotia at a nice resort...marina... overlooking well known photographic ocean views...can't wait!

Mostly time spent with new grandbabies, family and wining and dining with new recipes and food on our new deck!

Happy summer all... Smile

Re: Summer Plans? - wit - 06-13-2012

Congrats OT Smile Smile Smile that's huge !

Congrats on your new kitchen Jitters...my turn to be jealous!

Re: Summer Plans? - rastagirl777 - 06-13-2012

Well, for me summer doesn't differ much from spring or fall, lol. I still need to work, get away when I can, see music, have fun.

Perhaps a Jamaican themed (read: FOOD!) party for friends and family somewhere around the 50th Indy Anny. Its been a while since we've had a big "family" party in Bodega and town could use a good shaking up, lol.

Work-wise we're busier this summer than in the past. That rocks. I'll be in New York for a week for work this summer and I'm looking forward to that.

The big "possible" for me is a trip to Paris and Venice at the end of August. Need to do some number crunching to see if that can become a reality...the Euro is dropping in value so I'll hold a good thought for at least par by then...

And that kids, is summer for me. Holla.

Re: Summer Plans? - giuseppe+spera - 06-13-2012

yes from ct.. summer is so nice here but negril in july for a month yea mon..