The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Growing like a weed - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Growing like a weed (/showthread.php?tid=49978)

Growing like a weed - DAWN - 05-31-2012

Re: Growing like a weed - doctoro - 05-31-2012

I'm in Love.

Re: Growing like a weed - Tanya - 05-31-2012

Thank goodness that is NOT my dog, if it was she would be the most spoiled misbehaved creature on the planet. I Know I would never be able to discipline her with those eyes and that look LOL

She is so sweet Dawn

Re: Growing like a weed - Sophie - 05-31-2012

OMG---- sooooooooo cute!

Re: Growing like a weed - Pineapple - 05-31-2012

Sugar Lily is getting to be a big girl. They don't stay puppies for ever. She has the sweetest face. Big hug from me to her.

Re: Growing like a weed - suzengrace - 06-01-2012

Shes gorgeous.and those eyes...... how could you ever stay mad at here when shes misbehavin..

Re: Growing like a weed - DAWN - 06-01-2012

One of my sayings is "it's a good thing she is cute".

Yes she is a handfull, and more so just having an old dog who was perfect. But Lily and I are taking our time. She is really a loving pup but really loves to chew paper and play chase me. We were in this puppy class and by the 4th class out of six it was apparent that she was too young or too high strung. There were even two of her litter mates there that were just quiet lugs compared to her "energy". We are skipping the last two and just getting the pointers from someone. 10 other pups around is certainly not condusive to her learning.

I started with just a collar and then got a harness per someones hints that she would be walking like a pro in 10 minutes. She pulled like a sled dog! This week I picked up a gentle leader and have tried it twice. While she does try to get it off at first, it has really really helped.

I had let her out yesterday and when I went to call her in I spotted a orange flower on the ground. She had picked one of the two flowers I have in pots JUST FOR ME!

Re: Growing like a weed - Sophie - 06-01-2012

I feel ya 100% DAWN. We use a head collar with Murphy too.......and she is six. I was never able to leash train her. Couple days ago she ate three quarters of a loaf of french bread from the middle of the counter. She still shreds every paper towel and kleenex she can get her paws on. We tried trainers a couple of times, one of them wanted us to use a pinch collar and we were out the door. They were like- it doesn't hurt them- my thought was- let me put it on YOUR neck then. Sooooo, Murphy is an evil mess and we love her to death and wouldn't trade her for the world! She has more personality than a lot of people-LOL.

Re: Growing like a weed - DAWN - 06-01-2012

Patience has never been my strong suit....She has already tried to dig to China in two spots. Last weekend when I was planting my garden and pots, I filled it with leftover soil and then put a grate like thing over it. This am she had the grate off and was digging like a gopher in potting soil.

At class they also recommended that poker collar..said they learn quick. But also recommended the "gentle leader".

Things were pretty tough at first but I am really glad I stuck with her. They say labs will calm down at 2 years. We are already at 4 months! LOL