The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I'm sooo frustrated! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: I'm sooo frustrated! (/showthread.php?tid=49896)

Pages: 1 2

I'm sooo frustrated! - medi - 05-30-2012

I kept trying to tell my friend Lori that it would be best to arrange transportation in advance for the ride to the hotel from the airport, and even gave her the links to a few drivers including Clives and then she tells me that she wants to do the transportation through Grand Pineapple, then I tell her they don't have a private bus and that we should arrange our own instead of waiting or calling when we get there that that wasn't a good idea at all! So what does she do? Sends me an email telling me not to worry that it would all be good, and when I pressed the matter telling her there is no way that we should just arrive at the airport without having arranged a ride FIRST, so then she says her husband (who's NOT going, by the way!) had arranged it all and it would be fine..and when I said can I please at least know the name of the driver or company to be used, this is the link..get this..$29.99 for a SHARED ride in a BIG BUS, and she's excited about the fact that it's a big bus! No smoke..no free red stripe..jesus, for ONLY FIVE BUCKS MORE EACH we could have gotten a PRIVATE RIDE WITH FREE RED STRIPES! that would have covered the five bucks extra right there! But noooo...

I am REALLY actually beginning to DREAD going on vacation with her, and am soo damn glad I have two more weeks after she is going to be gone!@!!

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - Angel - 05-30-2012

I hope you make it till then Medi. There would not be a way she would not go is there? As for the husband figuring it out, Lori and you should be able to discuss it you are the ones going ( I hope) well hope that things come together calmly while you are there and nice you will have some time for yourself after she is gone.

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - BrenJaLee - 05-30-2012

I got stuck on a big bus for transfer this time too. God I felt like such a freakin tourist. All those people practically playing AI games on the bus they might has well have had big signs on their heads flashing "NEWBIE". Then we had to stop so many times on the way. Twice at Grand Palladium (main drop off and then around to the Lady Hamilton drop off), then Riu TB, Riu Negril, and I can't remember where else. Every time a hunt for luggage, etc. God I couldn't wait to get off that bus!!! Good Luck Medi.

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - Angel - 05-30-2012

A tattoo in Jamaica no thanks, Medi anything you don't want to do don't do it. Don't think you will go with her again and you have not even gone yet. I hope that you do get to have a good time ( may be without her) but you deserve a vacation to your liking.

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - rastagirl777 - 05-30-2012

"like wanting us to get tattoos! "
Tell her that's fine, she can get Hep B or C if she wants...sheesh!

Sounds like she doesn't want to hear what you have to offer as far as your experience in traveling to a place she's never been before. If you can have the "talk" - you don't want to be traveling with a loose cannon like that in a place like Negril. She needs to understand the good, the bad and the ugly.

As far as transportation from the airport, I considered doing the JUTA bus thing on my way back from New York last year - I thought it would be fun to be with other people, new and not so new, see their reactions to the ride, etc. I don't think I'd feel like a "tourist" - I'd be more into chatting with other folks, where they are from where they are staying, and with others who have been before what they like to do etc.

But...in the end Niah picked me up. Sure, its more $$ but having my dear friend/driver and husband come and get me from the airport is awesome.

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - Yamangurl - 05-30-2012

Guess you better practice saying "no" or else she may help you eat up your limited budget prematurely. Newbies want to do everything and go everywhere, want you to come along and it ain't cheap.

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - wit - 05-30-2012

Bren....if you're not a local aren't you a tourist?

Medi, hmm girl. Ocean View is any unit on the sea side. Only 2 actually have ocean views. Are you in the Manor rooms or balcony room? I've taken all forms of transportation except donkey in jamaica lol. Don't sweat the small stuff. You made a decision to travel with this person....make the best of it. Smile

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - rootswoman - 05-30-2012

Ohhh Medster, Everything is going to be OK.

I know it hurts that they aren't listening to you but I imagine they are dealing with their own little issues - He may be having second doubts about his wife going off to Negril and in order to feel more in control he wants to think he is doing the best and safest thing by using the resorts transportation - they are already trusting the resort with lots of money as well as their safety and well being - She to could now have some fears about the trip. Its an illusion of safety they need to create.

My advice, (which you can certainly take or leave) would be to relax - remember that you are the one who KNOWS - let them do their things and remind yourself that good things are worth waiting for. Heck, this may have been the Taxi ride where you ran into a roadblock with a spliff in hand and some of that hard earned vacation money pays for the PoPos lunch. Medi darling, just sit back and enjoy the view- - dont let the all inclusive fools into your brain - they are operating out of their own fears - Once you hit that water all your cares will wash away.

- I know it is hard being a third party to a phone but in least you know what your going to face so you can practice letting go of it ahead of time, There are so many bad things written about Negril -It is hard for the spouse at home

One of the biggest lessons I go to Negril for - is the art of patience. I remind myself of that the minute I am waiting in line at the airport. Lord, I could use a douse of that right now!

Travelers sounds awesome - you will be in heaven my friend. You are really going to enjoy that ocean front room and comfortable bed at GP. You too deserve a little luxury now and then -

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - oldtimer - 05-30-2012

WHY !!!!! does anyone want a phone or computer while on vaca ???? Isn't THAT what a person is escaping??? Give her phone to Bobo....hehehe

Re: I'm sooo frustrated! - suzengrace - 05-30-2012

I'd rather go route taxi then the big bus..Yes, takes lot longer-but way more "interesting" and gives you a good feel of the more "local style" of Jam...and yeah, WAY cheaper...
Not for everyone-but if your a little adventourous-I rec.it highly..Take a route taxi to MoBay Bus Park-have fun looking for the bus going to Lucea (though some go stright to Negril I've been told) and from Lucea then to Negril Bus and taxi park-or get dropped at hotel if its on the way...I forget the total costs-but cheap for sure-but does take more time and little patience.