The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Fundraiser - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Fundraiser (/showthread.php?tid=49454)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fundraiser - stlouissally - 05-23-2012

It all was going really good we were all having a great time until the end, Tekla took the money and counted it herself. She told me we made more then last year which was 1,000.00 dollars.

She had introduced me to a girl up on her property and said she wanted to build them a room. I did not say yes or no till the girl left. I told Tekla the money was for the school. If it would of been different I would of posted it. The money we make is from all who donated, it's not to do as we please.

As of this day I don't know what went to the school, if they even got any money, or how much went to this girl. I asked Tekla and never got an answer .
Mrs Murdock was supposed to come pick me up and take me to the school, that never happend either.

I think we just all got ripped off, or I would have answers. So I no longer have a friendship with the Montanas, nor is this fixable.

I want to thank Ziggy & Zelda for their donations, and Wendy, Jamie and Cindyrella for going and collecting donations for the raffle.

I am taking a year off, but will still have them, but this time it will be on the cliffs.

I am so sorry that I can't account for your money. This has never happened to me, and to think of how greedy people can get...

If anyone wants more details please call me (314) 808-2883

Re: Fundraiser - Angel - 05-23-2012

StLouisSally I'm sorry this happened know you put your heart and soul into this and for people to pull that shit is more than greedy. For them to even ask to put a room on was wrong. Well have never eaten there and never will. Moving on I want to wish you health and happiness. And a full recovery. Hang in there!

Re: Fundraiser - wit - 05-23-2012

Jamaica Sad

Sorry Sally. Bless you for trying.

Re: Fundraiser - Sophie - 05-23-2012

Sally- I'm really sorry this happened to you. I would have thought she would have cherished her time with you and bent over backwards to make it your best trip ever after knowing you had been ill~~ not to mention all you had done for them over the years

Re: Fundraiser - goldilocks - 05-23-2012

Miss Sally,
We've never met in person, but I have followed your Mexican Fiestas over the years and they look like a lot of fun for a good cause. So sorry to hear about the funds - you just never know when greed/desperation will rear its ugly head, even after many years of "friendship."

All Blessings for your continued health!

goldilocks

Re: Fundraiser - suzengrace - 05-23-2012

A Big Hug to you Sally-you didnt deserve this ..Karma will come back on those and I agree with other poster-I will not have anything to do with the Montanas..

Its sad, but the reality is You cant trust anyone in Jamaica....

Re: Fundraiser - goldilocks - 05-23-2012

I usually just leave it at "You can't trust anyone..." That is so sad - I have issues!

Re: Fundraiser - JimandDonna - 05-23-2012

Sally, I LOVE YOU! no matter where the money went. You had faith in Friends............I'm sorry.

Re: Fundraiser - wit - 05-23-2012

I have given for decades to Jamaica. I sincerely hope people don't stop helping. It's still an impoverished country. It's a matter of figuring out how and to whom. So many wolves in sheeps clothing Sad

It CAN be done...just differently. Again very sorry Sally. I'm sure this hurts on many levels.

Re: Fundraiser - Angel - 05-23-2012

Sally sounds like she never even flat out said what was made other than more than last year. Well when you have your next one people will still donate. And yes I agree Karma will come back. So just take care of yourself and get well. Montana's will never have my business or would tell anyone to go there. I'm glad you could come here and post what you did.