The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Take me back to Nova Scotia... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Take me back to Nova Scotia... (/showthread.php?tid=49381)

Pages: 1 2

Take me back to Nova Scotia... - Sprat - 05-22-2012

Well, it's not Jamaica...but it's a place I love just as much. The beauty of the coast of Nova Scotia... to the inland Valley and bountiful Vineyards,, this part of Canada is hard to beat. The old charm, quaint buildings and the 'at home kitchen feeling' is alive and going strong.

Thought I would share some photos for this past couple of days touring around...

We headed to Lunenburg for lunch and a visit to the Ironworks Vodka Distillery...then up the coast to our hotel in Liverpool

Lunch at the Dockside upper balcony...with Fried clams...

Took a walk up the road...the town was quiet for the long weekend in May, but all the locals were out, painting, cleaning and getting their properties ready for the summer tourist season. There is something so special about a seaside village....a lot like Negril in that respect. The beauty is breathtaking, the people are friendly and intriguing, and the mood is surreal when you watch all that goes on in that little town.

The distillery is actually an old iron shop and they have maintained the rustic decor and look which adds to the flavour and feel of this classic old building.

This vodka is call "Pear Eau De Vie' translated as "Water of Life" ....and brought a bottle of this home Smile

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - Tammy - 05-22-2012

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place. For many years I have talked about visiting and mainly because of my OT. Wink I have got to make that a "serious" plan. Thanks for sharing Sprat.

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - Yamangurl - 05-22-2012

So nice to see you post your travels here Sprat!
As usual, your images are top notch!

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - wit - 05-23-2012

lol the link is to Scotland peeps Smile

Spectacular shots as always Sprat, East coast .....yum. Thank you for sharing!!!

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - oldtimer - 05-23-2012

Gee Sprat your makin' me cry !!!!! What great pics !!! You can come up to the North shore if you want. The south shore certainly is lovely BUT !!!! we have the Northumberland Strait ,lovely warm water and...other stuff. Again it is GREAT !!!! to see you post Sprat !!!

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - Sprat - 05-23-2012

Thanks Yamangurl...It's always nice to see other parts of the world, and as always I appreciate your comments...

Wit, Doctoro....the East Coast has so much to offer...as OT knows! I will get up your way sometime OT...I have some appts in Halifax over the next month or so. We will be taking some side trips for sure...Thanks for your comments OT Smile

Next up Vistas and Vineyards...as we move into the Valley...

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - wit - 05-23-2012

Wit, Doctoro....the East Coast has so much to offer.

Sprat, my one and only trip east thus far....it was the people I loved. Smile of course it was the Rock and in winter but lol....

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - JimandDonna - 05-23-2012

Thank-you for taking me someplace new, and BEAUTIFUL! Now I'll have to do some research and check it out.

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - oldtimer - 05-23-2012

Just as a side note.The Redemtion Song (Marley) was written on the words of a speech that Marcus Garvey wrote and delivered in Sydney Nova Scotia.Ya just never know do ya ...hehehe. If you want the details of this you can get it from Sista I on the MiYard board.I sent her all the info.

Re: Take me back to Nova Scotia... - Sprat - 05-29-2012

Thank you all Smile I love the feel of small sea side villages, with all the quaintness it has to offer...

And Schuttzie...the boxes with flowers seems to be a favorite for many!

Nova Scotia awaits you...