The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) (/showthread.php?tid=49322)

Pages: 1 2

Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - macyoder - 05-22-2012

I don't see any American dream

This stuck with me from another discussion because most days I see beyond a dream to a fancy or even a miracle.

My American dream is the grocery store and in particular the toilet paper isle. I always slow don't and think, really, how many choices do you need to wipe your butt. Mercy, this is a far ways from drip drying. I still spend hours in a grocery store and come up with excuses to go. Also my truly beloved buffet, for how little, you say I can eat how much?

Re: Your American Dream - Debra - 05-22-2012

The American Dream as I was taught when I was young.

First comes Love - then comes marriage - Buying a starter home - Husband working - wife at Home - White Picket Fence - wife does "homework" in the home - They live Happily Ever After - Going to Church Every Sunday, Bonds the marriage.

Remember I was Born in the 1950's. It was Like "Leave it to Beaver" for me growing up.

Now things have changed. Into what - Diversity among all People.

My American dream now is to try to stay healthy, have enough money to pay the bills, and save for retirement. I look forward to my Golden Years driving around in a New Camper [small one], and seeing the United States of America.

Good topic!

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - oldtimer - 05-22-2012

My American Dream is 100% Canadian. I'm retired (year one)...Have great kids,wonderful grandkids,FREE !!!! medical care,live debt free,have a awesome place to live, can travel when I wish...and am beat to rat shit for fishing for 50 years.Life is good.....I think.

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - oldtimer - 05-22-2012

The MacK. Bridge...I crossed that on my motorcycle and thought that I would never make it.That grating is TERRIBLE to drive on.

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - suzengrace - 05-22-2012

Being free to come and go as I please in this world and do what I want to do in my life..

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - wit - 05-22-2012

Canadians don't dream....we DO Smile peacefully, humbly, quietly Smile

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - rootswoman - 05-22-2012

Hear Hear Ms Medi !

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - wit - 05-22-2012

Amen Medi...well said!!!

Because of Canada's immigration policies, we are very multi cultural in sheer numbers. When I spoke of what Canadians embrace I was speaking of my own paradigm of course : )

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - mud - 05-22-2012

http://socialcam.com/v/uCtHOOXz?autostart=true&autostart=true&facebook=true&fb_action_ids=242421855862041&fb_action_types=video.watches&fb_source=other_multiline i think you will like this then

Re: Your American Dream....Mine:-)))) - MihMih - 05-23-2012

My American dream was not to be stereotyped because of my name, the color of my skin, or what area i was from. My dream was not to made to divulge my ethnic background on a form, because "I am American" and that is all the needs to be known. Well, I finally achieve my dream, but it wasnt in America. I had to move to another country in order to be called American.. I love you America the land of my birth, but somethings never change.