The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I'm back Stateside!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: I'm back Stateside!! (/showthread.php?tid=49302)

I'm back Stateside!! - LostBeachBum - 05-22-2012

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their lives. After just under 6 months, I decided a few days ago that I was finally Asia-ed out and hopped a flight home Saturday from Singapore. Not a soul knew I was coming home and I made some people VERY happy. It's weird being back, my thought process has changed, well, everything about me has changed, mostly for the better. I'm happy to see my family, friends and dogs, hang out in my local watering hole and eat some of my favorite meals. However, my first night back in a big city (Chicago) in this country reminded me of exactly why I left it in the first place and will never live here ever again.

My plans are loose right now, basically just buying a motorcycle and camping gear ASAP, hanging around for a few weeks and then hitting the open road again around mid June. I want to find the "real" America. The good, warm, hospitable America/Americans that are left out there. IMHO our cities are truly horrible places filled with people who I don't relate to anymore. There is still a good deal of this country I haven't seen the way I want to and I'm going to explore every nook and cranny I can find until the weather starts getting cold. Then I'll either ride the Pan American down to Tierre Del Fuego or fly to either New Zealand or Australia to start another summer. There's a good chance I'll be coming back to Jamroc for a short visit in early August for a friends birthday vacation. Apparently I know a little about the island...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, let you all know that I haven't forgotten about you and this is the only forum that I am somewhat active on anymore. I have some wild stories to tell what I get the time, I've made my peace with God on several occasions and those who've heard my other stories can only imagine the shit I've gotten myself into over the last 6 months. But I'm still here living the dream and have the throttle hard to the floor!

Bless up!

John

Re: I'm back Stateside!! - Angel - 05-22-2012

Welcome back to the states, enjoy your future journeys traveling around where ever it may be. Happy travels!

Re: I'm back Stateside!! - wit - 05-22-2012

welcome back John. Safe travels to you. Country folk ROCK. Come on up to Canada some day. Very nice people (avoid cities) lol.

Re: I'm back Stateside!! - suzengrace - 05-22-2012

Glad your back safe and sound as they say...Going down south america to Terra del fuego gets my vote!!!
Wherever you go keep us up to date Mr.World traveler...and doing the round-the-US of A tour (esp on motorcyvle) sounds like an outstanding trip-this is a very diverse country-esp when you really get out and explore all its corners in everywhere in between....

Re: I'm back Stateside!! - rootswoman - 05-22-2012

Im really glad that you checked in
- Please keep us updated when the notion moves you -

you are living the dream right now - enjoy every moment for as long as you can.

I hope your keeping a journal and taking pictures - You might have the next great american novel at your fingertips -

Stay Safe and Happy Trails

Re: I'm back Stateside!! - Debra - 05-23-2012

~ Lostbeachbum ~ wrote:

'my first night back in a big city (Chicago) in this country reminded me of exactly why I left it in the first place and will never live here ever again. '

Welcome Back to the USA LBB! I quoted you on Chicago as I also feel the same way about the place. You just reminded me again.

I look forward to hearing about your travels and hopefully some pictures to go with it. What about the food over there? Food Network and Travel channel pops in my mind, lol, as I see they eat way different over yonder.

So Happy you posted and waiting to hear more from You! Jah Live!