The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Taking the Time - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Taking the Time (/showthread.php?tid=48048)

Taking the Time - doctoro - 04-29-2012

To watch the bananas grow.

Riding with my Family and some friends one day I was snapping away at everything on the road, as you can see from the pictures I share, I find joy in the majority of things I see, in answer to the confused look on everyone's face of why I do it, he said "she finds beauty in what we call the bush/trash".

Even the cabbies, and passengers in taxis on the other side would point out new things to me. I believe my enthusiasm has worn off, now they appreciate the little things in life too.

In both my yard and my neighbour's yard the bananas are coming along fine.

What's growing in your yard?

Re: Taking the Time - Lola - 04-29-2012

I love having food plants in the yard. Ackee tree is fruiting out ~ the flowers were coming on just a couple weeks ago!

Sometimes there is banana in the yard, an overshadowed cherry tree, avocado pear (I have yet to see the fruits on it) and some bush-tea plants.

Re: Taking the Time - rastagirl777 - 04-29-2012

In California? Dandelions. In Jamaica I suspect our fruit trees are bearing - Mango, Cashew, Limes...and of course, Ackee. Always Ackee.

Bananas are uber-cool. Love their purple fallic flower.

Re: Taking the Time - DAWN - 04-29-2012

and so it grows..

Re: Taking the Time - daniel - 04-29-2012

when we're in Jamaica; it's true , in awe of all ! at home , we laugh . because we realize even the weeds are pretty!!

Re: Taking the Time - suzengrace - 04-29-2012

I loved trying all the varieties that were available in PA area..many more than I've seen on the west end of the island...

I too like to take pics of the bananas next to our place...

Re: Taking the Time - suzengrace - 04-30-2012

Pretty yard Loops- I also feed the birds and make the yard bird friendly-even being in the suburbs you'd be amazed the different type of feathered friends that stop by...