The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
you get what you pay for - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: you get what you pay for (/showthread.php?tid=47395)

Pages: 1 2

you get what you pay for - jitterbug - 04-18-2012

that became the theme of this trip . . .

stayed at bar b barn . . . time to move on to another property, the restaurant/bar staff is way out of order, trying to charge whatever they want, NO service, surly attitudes . . . of course, if the owners are on site, things run smoothly . . .

onward and upward . . . felt really good to to be back even though I was just there in January, never enough time in ja . . .

did not take a lot of pics, will put out all of them . . .

travelled with sharon and rose, rose being a first time travel companion . . .

Re: you get what you pay for - jitterbug - 04-18-2012

Re: you get what you pay for - wit - 04-18-2012

thanks for sharing Jitters. Loved the photo of the boats on the river bank.

Re: you get what you pay for - jaith - 04-18-2012

Laurel & I got booted out at Whistling Bird for having too many expat friends & moved to Kuyaba for our beach hangouts....we spent 3 months there & were treated royally, even though we weren't renting rooms from them. I've always liked Kuyaba staff, but they went above & beyond IMO.

Re: you get what you pay for - Angel - 04-18-2012

Doctoro I liked the foodie shack too. Nice food.

Re: you get what you pay for - suzengrace - 04-18-2012

Thanks for always sharing your trips (with pics) and keeping it "real"...

Jitters seems to be very resilient-which is something I think you must be (among others) to keep coming back and call it a 2nd home..(IMHO)

Re: you get what you pay for - wandabeinja - 04-18-2012

LOVE Love love the boat shot!

Disappointing fe tru about the BarBBarn experience. I stayed there one time about 6 years ago.

COOL re: Kuyaba!!! That is where I already planned to be staying whenever my next reach occurs!! And I have always enjoyed the restaurant staff there! Excellent!

(((((((((( Jittery Bug )))))))))

Wanda be

Re: you get what you pay for - Debra - 04-19-2012

I am glad you went to Kubya Jitters. Nice place. I was very impressed with the service and the grounds, oh the grounds are like being in the countryside.

Do they still have the big Parrots in the front office?

Too bad about BBBarn, I am so sorry to hear that. My family used to stay in the hills and at BBB. I used to eat at BBB while on vaca, and my coffee cup was always full. Alas that was 26 years ago......

How was the rest of your trip? Good I pray!

Re: you get what you pay for - wit - 04-21-2012

thanks Jitters. Great photo's and report. The dog and cat thing makes my heart break every trip. Bless you!

Re: you get what you pay for - rastagirl777 - 04-21-2012

"for me personally, it lacks personality, vibe, and the location is dead, there is a huge hotel being built . . . don't know who will stay there . . . . "

Thank you! I too find the place a bit lack-luster. We've had nice times there, the boys play dominoes, we hang out but not for too long...too much concrete.

Yes Lola, that is the condo compound they are building just north of the RIU.