The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tulum #4- bless the children - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Tulum #4- bless the children (/showthread.php?tid=47078)

Tulum #4- bless the children - suzengrace - 04-13-2012

I will be posting more reports and pics on Tulum...

If there is one thing that will always warm my heart no matter where I go ,it's the children..As we saw in some of the recent posts-there are horrors and atrocities that happen to the children in Jam-as well as all over our world-I decided to dedicate this thread to the children in Tulum and everywhere..

When I came back from Tulum I ran across this following quote:

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove,what kind of house I lived in,how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better
place because I made a difference in the life of a child" -Forest Witcraft

making a living

mayan girl in traditional dress

selling to the tourists

his mom worked in a mayan restaurant..

These are the local children whose parents are mostly ex-pats from Argentina-they were like a Bohemia/hippie type community that lived next door..all so different looking but like one big family..

some of the moms hanging out..

this little one was visiting with his parents and staying in a cabana next to me..

I thank all of you who have spent time looking at my pictures and to those that have left such lovely comments..I appreciate it..

Re: Tulum #4- bless the children - Schuttzie - 04-13-2012

These are all precious! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us, Susan!

Re: Tulum #4- bless the children - doctoro - 04-13-2012

~ suzengrace ~ wrote:

'If there is one thing that will always warm my heart no matter where I go ,it's the children..As we saw in some of
the recent posts-there are horrors and atrocities that happen to the children in Jam-as well as all over our
world-I decided to dedicate this thread to the children in Tulum and everywhere..

When I came back from Tulum I ran across this following quote:

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove,what kind of house I lived in,how much
money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better
place because I made a difference in the life of a child" -Forest Witcraft

'

Not sure why seeing these pix made me so emotional, I guess the words you quoted, the 2 threads up regarding the plight of the Jamaican babies, but when looking at the children in your report, I see the same looks of pure joy and happiness that I see in the eyes of my grandson, my nieces and nephews, in the states, and the faces of my children over in my South coast yard as well as some I see this side in Negril. Children being children, with a child's heart and mind, aware of the beauty surrounding them, and for some unaware of what lurks around the corner or down the lane.

I hate being in a world where we have to teach our children and some parents fear to keep them safe, most never need to know the lesson, but as has been said, Knowledge is Power.

Thank you Suzen for brightening my day with a page full of Smiles. They are beautiful.

Suzen I hope you don't mind my adding the above, video, As a child it reminded me what my job was. I miss those times, and wish the children of the world today could have known them.

This is how all children of the world have a God given right to feel, mischievous, happy, fear less.

Re: Tulum #4- bless the children - Romae - 04-13-2012

Beautiful!

Re: Tulum #4- bless the children - rootswoman - 04-13-2012

What a lovely thing to come home to!

Thank you - I need to go look at the other parts but this just made me feel all warm and fuzzy on this rainy day!

Re: Tulum #4- bless the children - beachcat - 04-14-2012

Susan

We know Playa del Carmen a little but not Tulum.
Can you tell me where these pics were taken............I would like to take our young child here...............what I do know about Tulum .............I like from a tourist perspective.

She needs to learn spanish for her future success

Did you like it ?
Any tips on where can stay on the cheap would be cool too.
I can give you my email

Thanks
beachcat

Re: Tulum #4- bless the children - suzengrace - 04-15-2012

Hey Beachcat-i knew very little about Tulum except for research I did on the web..
..I'd go back in a heartbeat-in fact am looking to combine my bucket list of Belize with Tulum next year..

here's my email: serpentmoon@ymail.com

I'd love to posts more for others to see too..im just so busy right now..and they do have spanish/english schools there for people wanting to learn spanish..
It's a super chill-relax vibe place.not alot to do unless you love cenotes (like I do now) and see ruins, I stayed at Coco Tulum -cheapest place I could find right on the beach-yes shared bathroom -but super clean with outstanding location-you want a hotel on the beach..cant go wrong with this little place..couple places down on the beach is there sister property called playa azul-they have the best rest.good food ,atmospheres, djs on certain nites,as well as a reggae soul band.
I just cant rec. the place enough-except if you want lots of ganga and the "activity" that negril 7 mile has- you'll be bored cuz it aint there..but great little beach clubs with djs at night and so many fab food choices...and fellow travelers are low-key from allover..some young European said it reminded them of Ibiza.. (i havnt been yet-so cant compare)
.I just know if i want a truly relaxing vacation-excellent beach and wonderful food/drink with very hospitable people..Tulum hands down..and lots of history out there to see as well as the awesome cenote..
Sorry , I dont have more time but email me-i try to get back by mon.night..

BTW-there were two couples were i was staying that had brought there your children-both kids around2-3 yo...wasnt a problem and kids loved having there own huge sandbox to play i everyday...(check out coco tulum) and try to get beach cabana )though garden ones are cool too-no ac./fans so may get hot-it was very windy most nites(unusually i was told) -so never a problem