The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
where is rootswoman?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: where is rootswoman?? (/showthread.php?tid=45466)

Pages: 1 2

where is rootswoman?? - Debra - 03-13-2012

hey RW, how is school going? Good I hope. Missing your lively posts...

Best wishes and 'stop by' when you have time!

Re: where is rootswoman?? - rootswoman - 03-13-2012

awhhh Deb,
you are a doll to think of me.

Ive joined you and Ras - Ive hurt my darn back.

My Lower back and my left leg (front of thigh and hip) is very painful. I got up from a marathon drafting session at the kitchen table (while my drafting board was sitting next to me - darn fool that I am - I was hunched over way too low.) and something went pop. Its been a week now and it is very slow healing.

I tried to go to class yesterday - I can't sit or stand for long at all - it was very painful -and embarrassing -

Im freaked out a bit because I dont have heath insurance and I can't stand falling behind in school -

Thanks again for asking - it means a lot to know someone cares! - I have been checking in but can't spend much time typing...

xxoo

Re: where is rootswoman?? - BrenJaLee - 03-13-2012

Sally, I am so sorry to hear about your back. Let me know if you are not getting better. We have a low-cost, cash-pay fixed price medical office that probably isn't that far from you. And if you need additional specialty services, they help to hook you up with docs, etc. that will work with you, sometimes completely free. Message me if you want some more info.

Re: where is rootswoman?? - Angel - 03-13-2012

Wishing you well Rootswoman. Thought you had been busy. Sorry to hear you hurt your back.

Re: where is rootswoman?? - BrenJaLee - 03-13-2012

Just let me know. The place was created for the working uninsured. It's a great resource when your sick too.

Too bad I didn't know about this a week ago. There was a Groupon for a chiropractor in Redondo - 3 office visits with digital nerve scan, digital x-rays and 2 adjustments PLUS a 1-hour massage for $39. I'll keep my eye open if it comes up again.

Re: where is rootswoman?? - Yamangurl - 03-13-2012

I know exactly what you are going through, thrust me.
Hang in there.....

Re: where is rootswoman?? - Bruce - 03-13-2012

Very sorry to hear about your back Rootswoman. I hope you get better real soon.

Yamangurl, that does not look good at all.

Re: where is rootswoman?? - Yamangurl - 03-14-2012

Wendy - those are titanium screws and bone grafts from 2005 - two surgeries in the span of 3 months. It was a long, painful road to recovery but I am thankful that I am healthy, active and fit, really without much limitation.

From someone who use to LOVE my chiropractor - vertebra's and disks tend to "dry out" as we age, making them less pliable, more prone to injury and the spine can have arthritis when you are not even aware. I would use caution when considering a chiro vs. other remedies at this stage in life.

RW - Ooops! I didn't think about posting that XRAY image that way! I am sorry - didn't mean to scare you ! I was trying to show sympathy. I think you know this.
Anyway, that was MY circumstance (surgery) not everyone has surgery. And, it sounds like you are already feeling better which is good. Put the rest time in now so you don't have to do it later.

Let me know if you need anything I can share from my experience about dealing with it (pain, recovery, movement, etc.) And no lifting!

By the way, with regards to drafting - sitting/driving is the worst thing you can do right now. I remember when I did hand drafting in design school and it can wear you out.
When you do get back into your school drafting, try standing at your kitchen counter to accomplish that because it is better for standing. Just clear away counter top stuff so you have room to work. It is only temporary and a pain in the A$$ I know, but it will be better for you.

Now that I write that I think you mentioned you have a drafting table - have DN raise it to standing height and remember to take frequent breaks.