The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Planning my next trip for August - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Planning my next trip for August (/showthread.php?tid=45442)

Planning my next trip for August - medi - 03-12-2012

So it is looking like I will be there for two weeks..you know after staying 26 days last November there is no way I could only do one, lol! So I will be there from the 10th to the 26th, and from the 10th to 18th will be spending it with my old friend from Jr high Lori, then I'm not sure where I'll be staying from the 18th to the 28th yet.

I am of course seriously considering Summerset Village since I stayed there last time and was happy, and after higgling a bit, can get a room like the one I had with breakfast and safe rental included for $42 a night, which is pretty decent.

I was also looking around and they have a place called Bungalo/Sungarden for $41 a night, and it too has ac, tv, and pool, and is right across the street from the beach..

I might also "splurge" and get a room with ac at xtabi that is advertised right now for $55 a night...I like the idea of being right across the street from the cliffs..and I do like their pool too..

Lori already purchased the eight nights from the 10th to the 18th, and my share of that is $1000.

I'm looking at the plane tickets right now and they are in the $750-$850 range.

So I am thinking I don't want to spend more than $400 for the second week, and then for the second eight nights, comfortably live on $60 a day, and the first week, have an overall budget of the same, but that would include stuff like if I want to take an excursion or do parasailing or something like that with Lori.

so if I give myself $1000 for spending money, excursions, transfers, souvenirs and the like, I figure I should be doing okay, right?

So for 16 days that should run me about $3200-$3500...wow that does run up there when I put it all like that..next month will probably be my 'tightest' month because that is the month I buy the plane ticket, the rest of it can be split up into installed payments..about $500 each month for room costs..then to scrape up cash to have for the trip itself. Smile

So, I need advice, where should I stay, Summerset Again, Sungarden, or Xtabi?

Wherever it is, since it will be August, air conditioning will be a MUST. If I was going in Nov/Dec again, I would prolly actually give it a chance and skip the ac, but not in late summer, I have been there before and remember how danged muggy it gets!

Re: Planning my next trip for August - Lola - 03-12-2012

I count 19 days, not 14... almost 3 weeks -very nice.

I'm surprised you aren't planning another long visit with your own kitchen; you could stay 2 months with those funds ☺

Re: Planning my next trip for August - gerryg123 - 03-12-2012

or you can do two nights at The Caves for 1700 per night lol

Re: Planning my next trip for August - suzengrace - 03-12-2012

Hello Medi....You must have ac..it gets beyond humid and hot in Aug.(all the time night or day) and being close to the water will be a plus..accept for ATI-things are real slow in Aug-not a lot going on-sometime thats a good thing...

Re: Planning my next trip for August - VenusdeMilos - 03-13-2012

Medi, just save as much as you comfortably can and then look at your options. See whats around. Happy Planning...I know its fun, all part and parcel of the getaway Smile x x

Re: Planning my next trip for August - Sundowner - 03-13-2012

I've never stayed at Bungalo, but I did tour the rooms once a few years ago & they looked fine.

But I've stayed at Hidden Paradise and would recommend it - great value for your $$. I booked through One Stop & got the 5% discount for being a return client. Didn't think I'd even use the free breakfast, but turns out I did every morning & they were great - you can order whatever you want from the menu. I'd take my laptop up there & have coffee & breakfast & catch up on email, etc. The restaurant is right next to the pool, and has a terrific view of the morass. Staff and management are really nice people. I stayed there for 8 days and then moved into a cottage in the yard next door, and they told me to come back any time and use the wifi - no problem. I actually went there to Skype my granddaughter's birthday party. It was afternoon and the restaurant was closed (meaning no staff around), so I had the place to myself. Took a cold drink with me and sat up there for an hour. I think you would like HP, Medi. Such a convenient location too. The only drawback for me is the shared porches.