The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I'm home by Sugar Lily - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: I'm home by Sugar Lily (/showthread.php?tid=45217)

Pages: 1 2 3

I'm home by Sugar Lily - DAWN - 03-09-2012

I am so loving this new home! It seems I have the run of the place and believe me I have checked under everything that I can fit or crawl under. Got a sneezing jag coming out from the dresser, seems there was some extra dust under there.

There is a big yellow dog that looks like a bigger version of me. I don’t mean to judge right away, but she is kind of crabby. Never bites me but shows her teeth and barks at me. I can’t but follow her everywhere she goes. That TAIL..I just want to chew it up..the way it wags back and forth tempting me..but the tall blonde don’t like it one bit. I always forget but she reminds me if I get too close. It seems the big gal is laying down or sleeping that she wants me to come and pounce on her but I have to tighten up and tippy toe, not my normal bouncing and bounding.

We each have our own dish but I really like the stuff coming out of hers. Big dog food not that mushy stuff I was use to. I remember meeting my new for the first time and I was on my best behavior, just looking and smelling cute but now that I got her hooked and in this new home, I just want to chew on everything. Her fingers, her nose, her hair and she has the nicest smelly old leather fuzzy slippers that I can’t help but sink my teeth into whenever I find them.

My big sister and I like to bark at each other. I know she is tougher but I try my best to bark big like her. My Gramma had left a squeaky toy for me. How nice was that?

I woke a couple times during the night and woke my new mom by chewing her hair. She played possum at first but I was persistent. After a carry to the chilly outdoors and me doing my business I let my mom know that this was a normally scheduled play time. Playing really tuckers me out. I just drop wherever I am and take a snooze. Once during the night my mom was ignoring me so I started the most pathetic howl I know, then my other sister A PARROT asked me “what’s the matter” then beckon me to “come here”.

Tilly the parrot, has this really big cage with lots of goodies under it. I tumble thru wires and baskets and I have found some really good snackins. She normally just looks at me but if I make lots of noise when I go under she will flash her wings for me.

I’m pretty good at doing my business every time I go outside but my bladder is small and sometimes I can’t hold it. Well I better get going, she just found out I was chewing one of her 2 pair of cheaters.

More later..

Wags and Woofs..

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - doctoro - 03-09-2012

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! So sweet. I love this, Dawn.

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - suzengrace - 03-09-2012

Sweet name for a sweet lil creature..PLease share more pics...

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Sharleen - 03-09-2012

she is beautiful! I'm jealous, I love having a puppy in the house so much, my dog is eleven now and has diabetes, he's very possessive and I know he wouldn't put up with a new dog. Roamie is doing well health wise at least it seems so, two shots of insulin a day and it has affected his eye sight. The one thing I really hate about Jamaica is that you can't bring in (and out) your dog! Where did you get her???

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - DAWN - 03-09-2012

Her litter mom contacted me in December, knowing that my gal was getting up in age and said she was having lab puppies in mid January and she would be honored if I wanted one. :o) She sent me ultra-sounds and count downs. I debated for a hot minute and decided this was the time. Sugar Lily's Mother is a small black lab and the father a tall yellow.. There were 7 litter mates. 2 black, 3 yellow, 2 chocolate and 1 red.

Thirteen years ago I was dating a fellow that wanted to get a boat dog. I had put both my cocker's down 8 months prior and was really enjoying no hair and being able to take off to the boat for the weekend and not worry. A friend and told us, on Easter Sunday, that someone he knew had lab puppies for cheap. Needless to say when we went to look, we were hooked on the lightest yellow. Being it was Easter Sunday and she was the lightest in color I wanted to name her Lily. My BF at the time wanted to name her Windy as his boats name was Winkin' Blinkin' and Nod. It was his dog so I lost that battle. He traveled for work the next 2 weeks and I had her. We then broke up and he took her home with him. Four days later he called me to come get her as she is clearly "your dog".

So this time when the lightest female was my choice I wanted to name her Lily. (I decided I'm sticking with one L not two.) I went and saw the litter a couple of times until last week when I got to take her home on a day visit. "every little thing she does is magic" The owners had been calling her Sugar Cookie as they have a little friend who is half native and half black american who calls himself a chocolate chip cookie. When he saw Lily she said she looks like a Sugar Cookie..I compromised with Sugar Lily.

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Susantherese - 03-09-2012

Sugar Lily is so adorable! Mine are 7 and 9, but they will always be my babies. Keep telling stories....

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - DAWN - 03-09-2012

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Debra - 03-09-2012

hi DAWN, like your hair! is that miss sugar lily?

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Yamangurl - 03-09-2012

Ah congrats on your new little sugar lily. There is nothing like a sweet puppy.
I remember when I visited my rottie at 3wks, 5 wks, then took her home from the breeder at 8 weeks. It was the best feeling. She is now 4 years old and over 100 lbs!

Every little thing she does is magic.. - DAWN - 03-10-2012

I watched Letterman last night and Jack Hannah had a honey badger on there. Supposedly the most fearless animal on earth. Since having Lily, I beg to differ. When she has something in her head, ounce per ounce the most stubborn little thing I have ever met. Windy has her trained now, but me not so much. I have to turn her on her back and try to hold her still but as soon as I let go she biting again. A memory like an elephant too. I have to redirect which with all the new toys I got her is pretty simple.

She does this cute little thing when she naps, she will be snoozing, she will whine a little and crawl on her belly forward a bit then nap again. Looking for the perfect spot I guess. The kennel cry that she does and that Tilly does a perfect imitation of....not so cute...specially in the middle of the night 3 or 4 times. The first she slept in bed with me, last night I pimped up her kennel with soft fuzzy stuff and attempted to make her sleep in there. I went pretty well but had to take her out a couple of times in the night. Outside..she would quickly get her business done and head back for my slippers or the door.

I will try to get it on tape but she found our shadows last night when outside. She was pouncing on her little shadow and before she looked up she was half way across the yard. She spotted my shadow and then bunkered down as it was so big! :o)

She obviously thinks she is bigger than she is as she will attempt to drag, tug and pull anything that she can sink her teeth into. Sometimes it is accompanied but growling and shaking of the head! She is still making the nursing move with lots of stuff including my skin, nose and ears. This am early I thought we would snuggle after coming inside. She pulled a Michael Tyson on me and tried to take off my ear. My ankles, wrists and hands look like I had a fight with a rose bush. Good thing she is cute.

Oh those lovely slippers, if she is missing I find them and she is usually curled up napping. There are 2 pair and older than the hills. The fuzzy insides are flat and I wear them with and without socks. SHE LOVES THEM!