The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Road trip around the whole island... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Road trip around the whole island... (/showthread.php?tid=45131)

Road trip around the whole island... - wendy - 03-08-2012

Except port antonio, portland as we hung a right up over the mountains to Kingston. DANG.

Our mission today was to head to Kingston as a friend needed to go to the tax office (NEVER AGAIN I TELL YA) lol
at 4:30 the place was pretty well emptied out by then and when the friends came a walking out with their papers FINALLY.......i started clapping which brought the place down with laughter in which i also said 'neva eva mi no com'n back here !!' i tell ya, that whole damn system is for the birds.

anywho, we started out at 6:30 a,m from the house...and went the Montego Bay way which i was happy to do so as i have never seen anything out past the way of the airport. Its just me....i would never stay out that way. I thought being in an AI in negril was bad....well, this is worse. (IMO) LARGE hotels, expansive grounds and when and if you would ever want to leave the resort theres pretty much nothing that i would want to see.

We didn't stop and do any tourist things as the mission was just to get to kingston and home. So not alot of photos but i loved every minute of the journey.
guess i should say that the only thing we stopped at were rum bars, lol

we did stop for a brief moment at these spring waters to cool off for a bit.

most of these shots were taken on the 'move' outta the window. this shot was across the road from the Peter Tosh gates which at the time the festivities they were having that day were just shuting down. We kinda thought we would of been able to visit for a bit but stayed a little longer than we should have at some of the rum bars. Sad

rest stop....Spur Tree Mountain lookout...

The streets of Kingston (old)...
take a lookey at THIS !! is this awesome or WHAT !!!!

Re: Road trip around the whole island... - wendy - 03-08-2012

loved driving threw the hills, the zig zag threw mt. pella, long hills sivelle heights, chigwell was most AWESOME, tight tight hairpin corners...nothing but bush on each side of the vehicle. Felt as if i was on some ride at a carniville, perhaps it was because the driver was cruising down the hill FAST.

Re: Road trip around the whole island... - oldtimer - 03-08-2012

What a bike !!!! Father holding a spliff over the child's head....suspect to me !!! More lovely pics !!!!

Re: Road trip around the whole island... - Debra - 03-08-2012

Happy 4 u Wendy, your trip seems so relaxing, refreshing, and seems like you enjoed every minute!!! Smile Nice Nice pics...thank you!!!

Re: Road trip around the whole island... - Jenny - 03-08-2012

I really like those Spur Tree Mt. shots, Wendy. Love lookouts/overlooks like this. I'm with you, don't think I'd be too keen on going to the tax office in Kingston.

Re: Road trip around the whole island... - Yvonne - 03-08-2012

WOW! What beautiful, amazing photos. I felt like I was there.

Re: Road trip around the whole island... - suzengrace - 03-09-2012

Thank you for more superb pics ..I love road trips...

Great photo's - Sharleen - 03-09-2012

I really enjoyed them, loved the very old lady, the bike !!!! unbelievable ! The rivers. thanks for posting these beautiful photos.

Re: Road trip around the whole island... - wit - 03-09-2012

You captured some great shots Wendy. And ya as Liz and Cher said...INLAND baby not coastal Smile Whole other world Smile