The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
The "flip out" - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: The "flip out" (/showthread.php?tid=44754)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The "flip out" - oldtimer - 03-04-2012

As I was walking to the beach as I did everyday ,the group of "white plates" that are just before the bridge,came storming over and gave me the drive,money exchange,ganja,coke sales pitch every time as always.But they started the "cheap white bumbaclot" stuff so this day I stopped and step down off the sidewalk and asked what he just said.He said 'what did you hear?" I said "you" So as he came over I picked up 2 rocks about the size of baseballs and let one go and it 'licked" the mirror right off his car and the second one off the roof of the car next to his and it went through car number one's side window.It went silent for a second and then the yelling started that I had to do this and that and then I flashed my new rachet knife and the red stripes came around the round-a-bout and stopped.I had to deal with these guys now so I stepped up my language and they took the knife and asked what I was going to do next.I answered "what ever was neccessary".They asked if I was going to pay for the damage and I said no they started it.They let me go,the guys said nothing ever again to me and when I was at about Travellers the cops stopped and gave me my knife back and said "you got guts mon" and drove off laughing.At least the bumming stopped at that site.

Re: The "flip out" - Island+Girl - 03-04-2012

hehehe...way to go H. Wish more visitors had the courage to deal with the rabble like this; they're just a bunch of punks anyway. IRIE! *IG

Re: The "flip out" - wit - 03-04-2012

yikes! brass balls there OT. Glad you are alive to tell the story !

Re: The "flip out" - Jenny - 03-04-2012

Holy Cow, OT! You're one gutsy guy! Wow! I wouldn't have ever thought of doing that! And probably never will.....hehehe......I'll leave it UP TO YOU!

Re: The "flip out" - rootswoman - 03-04-2012

Lord have Mercy
imagine being a fly on the wall for this one

Well I'm glad they didnt have any guns - Its good you were only down there for three weeks. If you did that in here LA it would not have ended so well.

I do understand - I hate those guys - as a woman they can be really frightening - Sometimes saying "no" is not all it takes to get those guys off your back.

Very funny that the cop gave you back your knife - it reminds me of the time a cop stopped a car i was in and discovered the spliff the driver had snuffed out and threw in the side pocket After searching the car, and not finding the stash - just the one spliff, the driver gave the cop some lunch money than asked for his spliff back - the cop gave it too him.

So OT did you take any pictures?

It's really fun reading your reports. Thanks

Re: The "flip out" - Sophie - 03-04-2012

Ohhhhh man- too funny!!!! I can't even remember what those guys said to Pineapple but she unleashed a tirade of filth that would have made Larry Flynt blush. Some days ya just don't wanna be jacked with, eh?

Re: The "flip out" - Debra - 03-04-2012

oldtimer, !!!!

This is a real treat for me. I have never read an ot trip report. I like your style so far. I hope you will continue writing. So far, Very Interesting

Re: The "flip out" - rastagirl777 - 03-04-2012

Oy. As stated:
1. Good thing you were only there for 3 weeks
2. Good thing you are alive and well to tell the tale

I don't know how people get in these situations. In 30 years, in all the time spent there neither hub nor I have ever been put in that situation. Yes, hub carries a knife as well but he's never even had to SHOW it.

Guts? Or stupidity? This could have turned out very badly. I'm glad you lead off with this story OT and I hope the rest of your vacation was more peaceful.

Re: The "flip out" - suzengrace - 03-04-2012

Tienes bolas muy grandes.....

And I think if anybody knows da runnings in Jam it;s OT..I forget when he first start traveling/living there...buts its lot longer than most on this board...and if anyone knows how to handle himself there-it would be him....(IMHO)

Re: The "flip out" - rastagirl777 - 03-05-2012

You can know the "runnings" all the live-long day...but you never know what kind of kook you are going to go up against. Me...if that were to happen to me, I'd just walk away. Let the fools yell their racist crap. Run away? Nah. Walk away like they don't exist. That's how I handle the other fools I meet in Jamaica (and anywhere for that matter). And I'm a New Yorker. Don't mess with me, lol!

OT, bring on the NICE stories please...

Smile