The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
arriving-pool tourny - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: arriving-pool tourny (/showthread.php?tid=44750)

arriving-pool tourny - oldtimer - 03-04-2012

1st I hate flying so immediately had to "unlax" so I thought it best to just hire a cab to Negril.The porter took my bags outside and put them in a cab.I went outside with the cabbie and asked where the bags were.To everyone's surprise they were put in the wrong cab SO !!! an hour and a half later they came back. Now I'm pissed off but we get on our way.I chose to go by way of Peterfield and Sav. shorter and very beautiful countryside.10 minutes later we are out of MoBay and off we go ,red stripe in one hand spliff in the other.Arrive at Cottontree Place Hotel and settle in.This has got to be the most convenient hotel in all of Negril,the price was wonderful,the rooms great and the view from the front lovely.They have a great perch just above a little bar and it is a dandy spot for looking at the people walk by,stare at the ocean,burn one down and your $100J from anywhere on the beach or cliffs.A private cab will get you back for $500J from anywhere at night. Strolled up to see Dellie at MiYard.Went into his office and we talked for probably 2 hours.I certainly know who the most unpopular white guys are and why. Shall we use the word "condescending" as a description of the person he was talking about,but only in the nicest way.Walked back to "home away from home" and went to the sport's bar (about 100 yards towards the round-a-bout ) for the 1st of many meals.$380J for almost more than you can eat !!!!! everytime fresh and quick.Great local and drop in spot.HIGHLY !!!!! (wink wink) recommended !!!! Moving ahead to the Canada vs Jamaica pool tournament on Feb17th.Real Negril was there,camera pointing at part of a table,pointed at no one,frozen,looking at nothing but a screen and drinking free beer,all for $50/hour Tayon told me.There was no interview of Tayon,any of the canadian players,any of the Jamaican players,not even the capt's or anyone in the FULL HOUSE !!! or the organizer boogsy.This was the 34th year and nothing !!!!!! The Jamaican Tv CVM (I think that is right) was there as was a sports guy from the Gleaner.They were great but Real Negril just" sat on his tuffit drinking his free red stripe light".He has no idea what I look like so I got to see him close up (he looks like a muskrat) and I have on idea what he was payed for doing.There was all the chance in the world to make this a spectacular event/broadcast because it took 39 games to come to a winner with CC the bartender at Tayon's winning the last and deciding game for Jamaica.I MUST !!!! say that CC has to be one of the most attractive Jamaican woman and wicked pool player I have met !!!!!!!! Concrats Jamaica for winning but we played like trooper's as well.The Jamaican team brought 4 ringer's in from Kingston so we played and allstar team and it took 39 games to win !!! Tayon's,the best poolhouse in Negril. Next story the "flip out"

Re: arriving-pool tourny - Blues Pirate - 03-04-2012

Good report.
To bad that nothing has changed with the web casts.

Re: arriving-pool tourny - Jenny - 03-04-2012

OldTimer, it is GOOD to "see"/hear you back in Jamaica after so long away! So sorry to hear about your baggage "going away" in de cab - sigh!! But you finally made it after further waiting & anticipation! The place you stayed in sounds great. Where exactly is it located? Beach or cliffs or in the middle kind of by the round-about? And the Sport's place - it is north of Mi Yard - on the left (seaside) or right (streetside) side of the road? Am enjoying your trip report!!!

Re: arriving-pool tourny - rootswoman - 03-04-2012

OT - soooooo nice to hear you went to Negril.

What a fun time that pool tourney must have been.

I am really enjoying your perspective -

The good things in Negril are ohhhh so good.

Re: arriving-pool tourny - bozz - 03-04-2012

i stayed at cotton tree a few years back and it was a good experience...felt perfectly safe...the woods truly has ears at every corner of that property...and one day i would love to play in that tourney...did you play in it o.t.?, peace

Re: arriving-pool tourny - oldtimer - 03-04-2012

Jenny...the place is next door to the post office...BARGIN !!!!!! Tammy...Tayon has lost 1/2 is right foot.He is NOT !!!! taking care of himself.Dandy food !!! DANGEROUS !!!!!! road up that way. I wish all you guys were there.Yes it is too bad the "broadcast" was so badly done !!! The CVM(I think that is right) and the gleaner were GREAT !!!!! can make the Gleaner but can't have a pic of a pool table .... WHAT A RIP OFF....If you don;t believe me ASK TAYON ....AND BOOGZY.It was a GREAT night !!!

Re: arriving-pool tourny - suzengrace - 03-04-2012

Glad to hear your back in Jam and having a swell time..Isn't Tayons the coolest place for pool??? -I dont even play but love watching and just the vibes in general..

As I've said before-when I once ran into a "Webcast" by accident- I thought how boring..It was just pointed out into the dark bay-nothing else..No engaging of other people,no roaming about the place, nothing...Boring..

Thats too bad about the webcast at Tayons-hopefully next year someone eles will be doing the broadcasting...