The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Lightening flash & thunder boom!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Lightening flash & thunder boom!! (/showthread.php?tid=447)

Lightening flash & thunder boom!! - jajewel - 10-19-2010

Man, we had a HUGE thunderstorm this afternoon......even though I tried to get everything turned off & unplugged & even switched off the circuit breakers, unfortunately not quite fast enough because my computer modem got fried by lightening & our cable tv been out since yesterdays storm.....so mi salt!

I'm at my friends house over at Silver Sands right now, using her wireless connection to let you know that if you don't see me around for awhile you can blame it all on the ineptness of Cable & Wireless, because, of course, I have to call them to beg a new modem (it's been busy everytime I've called today) and then have to put in ANOTHER report stating that I STILL have static on my landline & sporatic internet connections from beginning of AUGUST!!!....I've made 4 repair requests & workmen have come out (after waiting the required 3-5 working days) and have looked at & tweaked wires in my house, in my yard, outside my yard & Jah knows where else and of course, they always tell me "it should be alright now"....LOLOLOLOL!....WELL, it's still not working & now I can't even get through to the company!

So, guess no net surfing for me tonight!....cable got licked out yesterday by another storm.....ah well, there's always the VCR.....unless the current go out! LOLOLOL!

I'm really not in a good frame of mind right now (as if you couldn't tell)....both my dogs are sick & I've got a cold that settled in my chest & am coughing up a storm........betta mus come!!

BTW, tonx fi hearing mi ranting!

Re: Lightening flash & thunder boom!! - jitterbug - 10-19-2010

: Man, we had a HUGE thunderstorm this afternoon......even though I
: tried to get everything turned off & unplugged & even
: switched off the circuit breakers, unfortunately not quite fast
: enough because my computer modem got fried by lightening &
: our cable tv been out since yesterdays storm.....so mi salt!

: I'm at my friends house over at Silver Sands right now, using her
: wireless connection to let you know that if you don't see me
: around for awhile you can blame it all on the ineptness of Cable
: & Wireless, because, of course, I have to call them to beg a
: new modem (it's been busy everytime I've called today) and then
: have to put in ANOTHER report stating that I STILL have static
: on my landline & sporatic internet connections from
: beginning of AUGUST!!!....I've made 4 repair requests &
: workmen have come out (after waiting the required 3-5 working
: days) and have looked at & tweaked wires in my house, in my
: yard, outside my yard & Jah knows where else and of course,
: they always tell me "it should be alright
: now"....LOLOLOLOL!....WELL, it's still not working &
: now I can't even get through to the company!

: So, guess no net surfing for me tonight!....cable got licked out
: yesterday by another storm.....ah well, there's always the
: VCR.....unless the current go out! LOLOLOL!

: I'm really not in a good frame of mind right now (as if you
: couldn't tell)....both my dogs are sick & I've got a cold
: that settled in my chest & am coughing up a
: storm........betta mus come!!

: BTW, tonx fi hearing mi ranting!

i typed and it went poof . . . it's hit and miss for me for post here . . .

Re: Lightening flash & thunder boom!! - Jenny Shreve - 10-19-2010

Eeee, that's rough, J'Jewel! It does sound like living there is very frustrating, especially trying to do business there! I hope that you get back connected ASAP. If it makes you feel any better (LOL), we had an unprecedented ice storm here in Northwest Arkansas nearly 2 years ago & were out of power for 10 whole days!!

Re: Lightening flash & thunder boom!! - Angel - 10-19-2010

Hope things get better for you and your dogs. And that you get computer & TV functioning soon.