The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
why do we do that??? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: why do we do that??? (/showthread.php?tid=43935)

why do we do that??? - bozz - 02-14-2012

never use the good dishes...the queen is not coming.

good clothes, jewelry, candles...what are we waiting for. i found some stuff while lurking around this house...some of it is cool stuff...home shopping...what am i saving it for........... i found a paper i wrote in university and i got a b, the prof. wrote it was wishy washy, whats that lol,,,so i still have not parted with the paper yet. hahaxx

i talked on facebook about storage wars,,,for long time or new travellers alike...post what u got, post what u need, exchanges or purchases could be done and trading the regular things you use, ie, kettle, pot, like a shopping bag full of stuff, to not have to carry back and forth. i for one loved floaties, and for year when my stays were shorter, these items each trip take up space and money...what u all think...just rambling...peace

Re: why do we do that??? - jitterbug - 02-15-2012

i typed and it went poof . . .

personally, i love to use all my good stuff, why would i save clothes for good? i don't lead that kind of a lifestyle . . . i wear good jelwelry, good shoes, all my good dishes are used . . . have to say that i miss my favorite things in jamaica and have brought a few of them to rex's home so i don't miss home . . .

Re: why do we do that??? - suzengrace - 02-15-2012

I've moved alot over the years-so you learn to really pare it down-and i recently went from a 2 bed home to a large one-room and I really had to let go of of lot stuff..Except for pictures, art, and a few famliy antiques I go rid of lots and it felt so liberating..My weakness is also books and of course music (cd, records) and it was difficult to get rid some of those-but after I did let go of some it's no biggie..I'd rather live like a gypsy (few things I can take with me easily) than have my "stuff" own me..and have to worry about all that...

I too use to not the the "Nice-special" things.. until a friend helped me change my mind-set..You need to live life now in the present and not always wait for the future -This is your life now not a dress rehearsal-so use your nice things now if appropriate..

Re: why do we do that??? - Sheba - 02-15-2012

For me ( Moi) some things and experiences are irreplacable and beyond a price.
I also love and appreciate that I am not tied down to any specific Continent, Island, Country, State, City, Parish, Kantone, District ,Zip Code,Postcode,Woning Plaats , Neighbourhood. Wohnung etc .
Plus I don't have strong feelings for too much material things. ( A blessing)
E.G What I consider to be an Xtra Large material comfort such as an I. Phone ( used in Jamaica on USA roaming charges will be expensive) 4 wheel drives or Hummers or other type of Boasty Vehicles not necessarily for the local terrain but just to Boast off and Floss. Flat screen T.V,s Louis Vuitton handbags (Fake or otherwise). Acylic nails. Fake Bake tans. Fake Yeye lashes, Botox, Collagen fillers, Fat Whispering Lipo Consultations, Nadinola to even out the complexion and to get rid off the 'bumps' LOL
Latest collection of CLARKS: Sometimes even hot water and internet connection.

But I do store sentimental moments,precious gifts dear to me and a lot of things that remind me of times past .
I guess I was , 'Born under a Wandering Star'.

B
x

No complaints and not many more places left that I want to visit.
Jamaica Land Mi Love

B
All of that because I am addicted to Jamaica.

Re: why do we do that??? - suzengrace - 02-17-2012

Bozz: Glow in the dark clothes ...LOL oh my-Hey theres a lot of Raver kids that may like that..I always drop my stuff off at Salvation army- I know its going for a good cause..

Tammy:....Sounds like you been on the hamster wheel too long..Sounds like a change of scenery with a break in your life-ie. a little vacation (and am not talking about Jam-but anywhere different) may do the mind and body good..You deserve it Tammy-treat yourself....

Re: why do we do that??? - Sprat - 02-17-2012

I too learned to use my most important pieces everyday, after my mother's passing. She left to me a beautiful half soverign ring that my father had made from 'out of circulation' coins. My mother wore it occasionally and kept it safe in her jewlery box during my growing up years. I wear everyday and reflect on it whenever people ask me about it. Why hide such a gorgeous ring...I thought to myself.

My father had put in 35 faithful and dedicated years to a well known company and I took his tie pin and made it into a ring and wear it also everyday. The silverware...now that is something I need to start using everyday. Smile I think growing up in a generation where parents put value on keeping the best for special occasions has been passed down. I think our generation is spend now...do things now.

Great thread...thought I would share... Smile Have a great weekend all...

Here's a pic of today's gorgeous champagne coloured flowers for a night of wining and dining "_

Re: why do we do that??? - Sheba - 02-17-2012

I just recently took out of hoarding a beautiful Celtic cross that my family bought for our Mum's 50th. After she passed our Dad wore it ever after. He left us about 12 years now and I have only been wearing it these last 3 /4 weeks. I feel so happy wearing it.
B