The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
In Honor Of Sis I - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: In Honor Of Sis I (/showthread.php?tid=43654)

Pages: 1 2

In Honor Of Sis I - Tammy - 02-10-2012

I would really like for us here to do something in Sis I's Honor. Maybe donate to a charity or even collect to send to her daughter as she is now all alone and possibly could use a some help? What do you guys think? I have reached out to a family friend of her's for an address to send a card but I just would really like to do more for a woman that touched so many lives with nothing less than love and positive words of encouragement.

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - Lola - 02-10-2012

I was just thinking if someone could send her daughter links to these posts and there is a thread on Miyard too. I'm sure she'd love reading about her mom through the hearts and minds of others.

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - Sheba - 02-10-2012

R.I.P.
Sleep in Heavenly Peace.

Condolences to Family and all Friends of this Dear Departed Sistren.

Perhaps flight gift voucher for future travel to Jamaica for her daughter Perhaps to attend a memorial, joyous celebration, Nine nights/Dead Yard , party, re-union or some other thing along those lines to celebrate the memory of Her Mother..
B

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - suzengrace - 02-11-2012

I myself-am going be more tolerant, accepting,patient and compromising..and continue to love Mother Earth and most her inhabitants ...
I think Sis I would approve...

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - rootswoman - 02-11-2012

I can't get over how sad I feel and how close we get to people on these boards. I have never met Sis Irijah but she has been a part of my life almost daily .

I want to share a little story -

When I got my internship at a fancy dancy Interior Design firm my first reaction was "I have nothing to wear." I seriously didn't - nor did I have any $ for clothes- I am a full time student. I decided I would ask on Facebook if any one had and hand-me-downs- to pass along. I was a little embarrassed but since I truly was in need I put it out there.

Of all my friends and family Sis Irijah ,someone I never met in person, was the one who wrote to me and said she would love to send me a package - I was so moved by her response. I asked if I could please send her postage but she insisted that she could stuff a lot in a PO box and that she really wanted to do it for me. I felt really bad because she was living on such a tight budget but she insisted and I did not want to deny her the pleasure of giving.

Sure enough, a big box of lovely clothing arrived. Sis knew I would need to alter some skirts and she even sent me some elastic to do so - As I unpacked the box I kept getting this wonderful scent - finally at the bottom of the box I discovered a large bar of the most wonderful smelling bath soap. That was like icing on the cake .

I can honestly say this is one of the most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me. Sis Irijah was a true Rasta.

I am sharing this story because I really like this thread and how it is evolving - I think one of the greatest tributes we could do for Sister Irijah would be to "pass it on"

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - Aja - 02-11-2012

Reading this thread has made tears fall.......

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - Sheba - 02-11-2012

With deep respect.

B

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - monk - 02-11-2012

what a great story about sis.

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - Angel - 02-11-2012

Rootswoman nice story.

Re: In Honor Of Sis I - LeeAnne - 02-11-2012

With the utmost love & respect for our Sis, I wanted to add this to the thread.

I read a partial letter that was sent from Sis's sister, stating that if a person wanted to make a contribution in her name, she suggests 'it could be sent to a foundation that may be helping the displaced families in St. Croix after the distillary closed or perhaps a natural habitat refuge there - or in honor of her to a urban garden where you live.'

Knowing how much Sis Irijah loved St Croix, this just makes sense to me. It was not Jamaica that stole her heart, but St Croix, as we all know. Also she and I spoke much about our love of gardening and growing our own food, so that makes sense to me as well.

I already miss her spirit, she was one of a kind and lived as I know true Rasta should live, with clean heart and clean hands. RIP Dear One, you are wrapped in the arms of HIM now, your spirit is set free. More love each & every time!