The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Puerto Rico - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Puerto Rico (/showthread.php?tid=42711)

Puerto Rico - Tim - 01-30-2012

Three weeks from Friday I am off to Puerto Rico, a place completely off the radar for me until recently. After watching 2 different fishing shows last month with the hosts both being guided by the same outfitter (magictarpon) I couldn't help myself. So along with 2 days booked with magictarpon I have also signed up for the "worlds best 10K" race in San Juan, and have a car rented so I can make my way out to Rincon where I will be doing another day of fishing as well as a day of scuba diving and maybe even some surf lessons.

So anyone been to Puerto Rico? How did you like it? Any places not to be missed?

Re: Puerto Rico - suzengrace - 01-30-2012

Its been over 15 years since I was in San Juan...

But am taking my mother for her B-day to Puerto Rico first week of May.We're spending 2 nites in old San Juan and then taking a little plane over to the island of Vieques for 5 nites-I've alwasy wanted to visit this place-esp.before it starts getting more tourist orientated and built up...I'm told it has some of the most pristine beaches, as well as one of the worlds brightest bio-luminescent bays..

I look forward to trip report and pics Tim....esp. Rincon area..

Re: Puerto Rico - Pineapple - 01-30-2012

Yes, I've been there. Loved Old San Juan, the rain forest, the water falls . . . but I think I'd ever go back. I guess it would be okay if you stay away from the large cities. I found the young people to be very rude.

Re: Puerto Rico - oldtimer - 01-31-2012

You'll have fun !!!!

Re: Puerto Rico - jabailey - 01-31-2012

We have been there twice. First trip to Rincon and that side of the island, the next time staying on the south east side. Rincon is a bustling area! It seems there are more cars than people. The island is breathtakingly lovely. I was disappointed in the beaches, only because they aren't cared for very well, and they are just that - a beach, with no places to walk up to for cocktails or a meal. We never stayed in San Juan, never being fond of large cities. The rain forest was very cool, and we went to monkey island. We were also unable to park and manage to get tickets on the ferry, so that was disappointing. I found the people to be fun and kind, even the youth - but few people that we came in contact with spoke English, so there was alot of laughing and sign language going on. We will go back again for sure, and hope to find a more developed beach area SOMEWHERE! It's also nice not to have to go through immigration and customs. You should have great fun.

Re: Puerto Rico - Tim - 01-31-2012

I was wondering about the customs procedure there. As I will clear customs in Minneapolis the day before does that mean it will be clear sailing thru the airport even though I am Canadian?
I am only staying in San Juan the first 2 nights as that is where my first 2 days of fishing takes place. Big cities aren't for me either. The 10K race should be a good experience. It attracts many high calibre athletes, 10,000 participants. From what I can see I am one of 2 Canadians registered. I am looking forward to chilling around Rincon though.

Re: Puerto Rico - jabailey - 02-01-2012

You know, thinking back, in the surfing area (Rincon), there was a beach bar/restaurant. It was filled with young, beautiful people Smile We were staying in a residential area in a small inn, and it was lovely, but the beach/rocks were hard to navigate. The up side was we could walk to "town" easily and safely. So far my favorite area was Naguabo, on the east side of the island. We found one guest house there, up in the hill overlooking the bay, but that was the only lodging we could find in an area that might have become our favorite. Darn, now you are making me think about looking in to going back - soon.

Re: Puerto Rico - wit - 02-02-2012

Jealous here Tim . Espec today when I found a flight for less than $400 taxes in return. Have fun!!

Re: Puerto Rico - suzengrace - 02-02-2012

Yeah, wit...airfare from LA (and non-stop to boot) much cheaper than Jam...