The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Help with charitable organizations - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Help with charitable organizations (/showthread.php?tid=42452)

Pages: 1 2 3

Help with charitable organizations - Jamaicame - 01-26-2012

Hi Everyone-

I'm trying to put together a document for brides on where and how they can donate their time, supplies or money to charitable organizations in Jamaica. I have my small list of ones that I've worked with, but I'm wondering if any of you have ideas on others that I can include throughout Jamaica. I would love the official name of the organization, a website (if they have one) or an official phone number that can be published.

Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Help with charitable organizations - wit - 01-26-2012

Bless you Ari. You're the real deal! Respect to you.

Re: Help with charitable organizations - Jenny - 01-26-2012

Ari, I need to get you the information for The Animal House Jamaica & also International Spay & Neuter Network (this operates only in Jamaica, despite its name). I'm running out the door & am busy all day & evening, but will investigate this tomorrow & post here for you. Or let me know if you already have their information. Thank you for what you're doing!

the Animal House Jamaica
c/o P.O.Box 775
Ocho Rios
Jamaica WI
info@theanimalhousejamaica.org

I have a different address (email) for Maureen if you should need it.

Re: Help with charitable organizations - oldtimer - 01-26-2012

Don't give to the Rotary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are a rip off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jamaicarm.org/contactus.html

Blossom Orphanage

Re: Help with charitable organizations - rastagirl777 - 01-26-2012

"Don't give to the Rotary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are a rip off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

And you know this....because of what exactly?

I happen to know for a FACT that every penny that goes into the Rotary is used for one or more of their MANY projects which include special tutoring and learning programs at the Negril All Age School, St. Anthony's Soup Kitchen and Theodora Project.

I know MANY folks here in Negril that are not members but actively volunteer their time and energy to these various programs through the Rotary. This includes full AND part-time residents. The Rotary is the recepient of many contributions from reputable and established businesses here in Negril such as Rockhouse, Negril Escape and Wild Thing.

How dare you diminish what these fine folks do for THEIR COMMUNITY by making such a ridiculous and baseless accusation?

Ariana, I do believe the Negril Rotary should be included on this list! Its a one stop shop for various charitable projects going on here in OUR community. To get an idea of what the Rotary is doing please visit their website:

http://www.rotarynegril.com/

RG guess you missed that fiasco then? 100% of the money never made it anywhere but someone's pocket. Fact!

Re: Help with charitable organizations - oldtimer - 01-26-2012

Rotary story....This has been told before but is public knowledge as well.When my very good friend ffCindy passed away she wanted the fund raising in her memory to be going to the rotary.There was a project that she must of had in mind. ffCindy was a person that was kind to a fault,giving until there was no giving left,helped until it was done.Because of this and her wide cross section of friends, I like many people gave generously !!!!! very generously !!!!! to this cause.No project no money !!!!.Where did the money go ???? No one had the answer.I called and check many many times as did many others (and if I'm not wrong) Tammy as well.I went to the rotary club here,told the story to see if they could find out... NADA !!!!! the checks were made out to the rotary club (NOT CASH !!!!!) so there could be no "hand grab".no money, no project !!!! You are talking ALOT !!!!!! of money,not just a few $100.were talking $1,000.00's.WHERE IS THE MONEY ?????? The checks never made it EVEN !!!!!! to the rotary account BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they were cashed !!!!! How did that happen. if the rotary weren't guilty then why didn't they address it as well and come forward ??????

Re: Help with charitable organizations - Jenny - 01-26-2012

Here is The Animal House Jamaica's website (thank you Wit for providing the e-mail addy):

http://www.theanimalhousejamaica.org/

And here is the International Spay & Neuter Network's website:

http://www.spay-neuterjamaica.org/

Both of these non-profit organizations do some fantastic work & operate on bare-bones funds, especially Animal House!! They both also have Facebook pages, if some of the brides would like to see them, just have them search under the names of these organizations on Facebook, go to their Walls & click "Like" to see all of their posts! Thank you, Arianna!!!