The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Not So Nice Comments - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Not So Nice Comments (/showthread.php?tid=42364)

Not So Nice Comments - macyoder - 01-25-2012

JitterBug -

"the not so nice comments" . . . at times, i feel like i'm the only one those comments are directed to as not too many ppl write about that . . .

For the longest times I thought I was the only who understood these comments. I know my hubby doesn't so most times I bite my tongue, cut my eyes, and whisper some claat no Christain woman should. Worse I thought others tolerance had just increased above mine not to be bothered by the comments.

Re: Not So Nice Comments - Debra - 01-25-2012

((Macy)) ((Jitterbug))

This is cyberspace...some posters are very nice, other's nice, and some are sarcastic, mean, spirited posters.

We have no control over what others do. We just have to be who WE are, stay Positive. Let the negative roll off your back. Holding a grudge wastes my energy.

If it gets super bad, report it to Tammy, she will set them straight,lol.

Look up over them. The hater's insides hurt. Do mine, NO! I look over the nasty posts, and go to something positive. Believe me, I've had my fair share of licks on here. It won't stop and neither will I. Jah Bless and I hope this helped.

Re: Not So Nice Comments - suzengrace - 01-25-2012

I know exactly what your talking about-I've dealt with many times on different levels..I usually will make eye contact with whoever is dissing me and kind of give a smug smile (like "i know what you said-and it doesnt bother me"Wink and then go about my business..Only a few times did I have to get more vocal.
Other than that I dont try to waste my energy on this neg.crap...But I'm also not a doormat either.

Re: Not So Nice Comments - wit - 01-25-2012

but more a general anger towards tourists or white people or those perceived to be rich
where does it come from?

IMO it comes from the fact we can leave and go elsewhere and they cannot. We can go to countries where we can prosper and they cannot.

I also feel like Leeanne said...it's a RAW country. Jamaicans (generalization) are known for their aggressiveness. Often you will hear yelling and screaming and then two seconds later they are laughing and fist bumping. I get it , when you think you have no power you take liberties as they seem available.

I also think the majority of all of this is cultural. Families? They don't have OUR values. Why should they. IMO Macy is caught in the quagmire as she was raised 100% jamaican (barrel kid) but yet is raising a family in the states.

Personally although I find jamaica dysfunctional at best lol, who says they should adopt any of our ideas or ideals? If we don't like their ways...we are the guests we should go home Smile

Re: Not So Nice Comments - wit - 01-25-2012

lol Liz's quotes messing me up but whomever addressed me about the tourist thing...YES and we still do. How ignorant of the tourists who line up at the grocery store on the weekends and say "they should make a law here that locals have to shop mid week" I kid you NOT! It's a double edge sword for sure. Hate their ignorance but love their money which employs us!

I also agree it's a way for them to communicate without us understanding (most of us)...just as it was when they started the language. For them to communicate privately from their owners (slave owners).

Re: Not So Nice Comments - wit - 01-26-2012

my own personal view is that jamaicans are much more class and color oriented than my experiences here at home . . .

me either Jitters

Re: Not So Nice Comments - wit - 01-26-2012

agreed Liz. It's based on their behavour and people's behavour on vacation (espec the more money that cost) can often be ...well pathetic lol. Not ALL ...of course Smile