The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
A little sun is good for u !!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: A little sun is good for u !!! (/showthread.php?tid=41794)

Pages: 1 2

A little sun is good for u !!! - LJT - 01-20-2012

For about a year now I've been suffering with muscle n bone pain
I couldn't hardly stand up with out straining fir help .
I just thought it was pains of aging...

It turns out my arteries were inflamed
Bones and muscle detorating I am allergic To milk
Products so I don't eat or drink for the vitamin D
He also said , the Sun give u vitamin D!
Really the only sun I get was in Jamaica !!

Dr. Is pumping me up with 50,000 units of vitamin D
Per week !! That's alot of D!!!
He put me on a strict diet cause cholesterol
Levels were out the roof .. Dangit !!!

Well the good out of all this he said , get plenty of sun !!
Now to convince hubby I need to be in Jamaica !!
Lol ...

It's been a couple of weeks now . Lost about 8 pounds
Bone n muscle are not hurting anymore..
I'm excited !! I might even start riding my Harley
Again !!

I just wanted to share that we need our Sun
Too!! So you all in Jamaica enjoy to the fullest
Stay healthy n happy !!

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - Rastapher - 01-20-2012

When Your done getting dosed with D, ask him how much to take on a daily basis. I was deprived too and now I take 1000-3000 per day. Problem is you don't want to lay in the sun, just hang under a coconut tree. Just as good.

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - Yamangurl - 01-20-2012

That is very encouraging news! Glad you are feeling better and it was a fairly "simple" fix. I know I am limiting my gluten and drink almond milk instead of cow's milk. I guess as we get older we have to make some tweaks.
Bring on the Jamaica sunshine....re-entry home this time for me was really tough.
Hope you get back soon.

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - rastagirl777 - 01-20-2012

I first started spending extended time here because of SAD disorder. I get depressed in the dark and the cold.

I've never had a D deficiency or any deficiency for that matter, thank god. But I've also been a sun slave most of my life.

Growing up on the beach it was de-riguer to go out late and sleep on the beach and then wake and bake (in more than one sense of the word). Being a light skinned redhead I did myself no favors. No skin cancer or growths - but I would burn and as I got older the wrinkies showed up.

I am very diligent about my sun exposure here. My routine is early morning sun - when I wake up at around 6:30am until about 10:00am when my porch gets too hot. If I've been out on a boat or have spent the full day in the sun I give myself a day off. Over a period of three months I gradually decrease the SPF in both my face and body sunscreens in increments but if I'm out on a boat for example I'll always use the max (70SPF on face, 45SPF on bod).

The result - a fantastic tan that lasts me well into the spring. It doesn't look fake or sprayed on or like I layed out for weeks on end - very natural.

And I'm happy as a lark and that lasts me throughout the year.

I feel my healthiest when I'm here - natural foods and I truly eat what I want. I lose weight, tone up...yup, Jamaica can be very good for ya! Even when I drink and smoke more than I do at home!

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - Markospoon - 01-20-2012

Good to hear you are getting better, LJT.

Keep it up.

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - Jenny - 01-20-2012

Lots of folks are Vitamin D-deficient. I'm on 15,000 units of D a week now & have been able to keep my blood levels in the normal range with that. Of course, there's nothing like the "natural dose" of sun to set you right! Happy sunning!

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - LJT - 01-20-2012

Thanku Markospoon n Yamagurl I'm seriously not gonna let this take me down !

Jenny it is s real surprize to me bout the vitamin D !
Rastagirl that's really nice to be able an heal in a beautiful place !!!
Ras up ur dosage a little might help !!
Thank the Lord that 50,000 is in 1 pill
Dont think i could manage take abunch of pills !!

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - suzengrace - 01-20-2012

Excellent...Sometimes the simplest things can do our body good..

When i go outside I always where sunscreen,hat,ect-but will leave my legs or arms w/o sunscreen and get about 20mins worth of Sun..then on goes the sunscreen after that....

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - Schuttzie - 01-20-2012

LJT, I take 3 vit. D pills each day that are each 2,000 units (6,000 per day). But only during the winter months when the sun is not to be had or seen for a very long time. It has helped me alot to keep my moods and slight depression in check. They are so tiny that 3 probably equal the size of one multi-vitamin and are so very easy to take.

I'm so glad that you are getting yourself back to normal. Bless!

Re: A little sun is good for u !!! - LJT - 01-20-2012

Shuttzie yes I was reading on this it seems to help alot of things !!
I just pictured having ti take these ginormous
Chalky tabs .. I was surpized they are do small and were prescribed
I guess cause of the high dose... I a week For 3 months!
Tjis last month I couldn't even get off a chair with out help ..
Just a really wierd feeling....and scary !! It's been 80 here in west Texas so I'm out walking in the sun too !!
I'm motivated believe me..