The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
For those of you that know Mr. Irie - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: For those of you that know Mr. Irie (/showthread.php?tid=41732)

Pages: 1 2

For those of you that know Mr. Irie - Pineapple - 01-19-2012

On my first trip to JA, Irie was one of the first Jamaicans I met. He was renting sea beds and selling jewelry on the beach near Gloria's Sunset. He made me my all time favorite necklace out of small bamboo and rasta color beads. We spent many hours "reasoning" over my many trips. The past two trips I couldn't find him.

This trip I saw Alvin and he told me Irie had had to have his leg amputated and is in the "poor house" in Lucea. I was sickened to hear this news and was determined to find him and check on him. Sophie helped me track down where the "poor house" was in Lucea and when Richie and I took Sophie and Smokey to the airport we tracked him down. (We also found that we should never refer to it as the "poor house" but call it the infirmary. Lesson learned.)

I was pleasantly surprised at how he was. He's still the same smiling, upbeat, interesting fellow he always has been. We spent some time with him and then went to the store to get him a few grocery items and I found a couple of books for him. (Those that know him, know books are his most loved things.)

I wanted to post this so that those that know him might stop and say hello on your way to or from Negril. He'll be 82 next week and he doesn't know if his sister will make it from Guyana to be with him. I know he'd love to see some friendly faces.

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - wendy - 01-19-2012

Bless your heart Piney.....bet he was glad to have a visitor.
is this place the same as a nursing home here would be ??

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - suzengrace - 01-19-2012

That was wonderful ...I've been to the infirmary-very easy to get to-right next to the old fort/barrcks at the waters edge...

Much respect to you and your unselfish kindness.....

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - Pineapple - 01-19-2012

Last time I saw him on the beach with Alvin.

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - VenusdeMilos - 01-20-2012

I dont know what him but what a lovely thing to do. BIG UP Pineapple and Co. You have really given me a wonderful start to the day. Thank you! x x x

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - oldtimer - 01-20-2012

Yes I agree...what a great thing you did Pineapple.A visit to an old friend !!!!

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - wit - 01-20-2012

fantastic stuff Piney. Good on you! Bless

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - jabailey - 01-20-2012

He must have been thrilled you made the effort to find him and visit. Bless your kind heart!

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - wit - 01-20-2012

I know Alvin, he lives or lived out Green Island way. Super sweet guy also.

Re: For those of you that know Mr. Irie - rootswoman - 01-20-2012

Piney - you are a good soul -