The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
trip report part 2 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: trip report part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=41584)

trip report part 2 - jitterbug - 01-18-2012

thanks to all for reading . . . "like a gentle rain" . . . i like that, my trips are more and more mellow . . .

Went to sav to pick up my friend for our day at the beach . . . interesting, as I came to the stop sign, I’m turning left, there is a man on a bike yelling at me that I’m going the wrong way!!! I asked him how how knows where I’m going? I’m assuming that when the drivers see a “tourist”, they assume we are heading to black river . . .

The beach scene is always a trip . . . it’s raw, the ppl are hurting, the sales are down, beggy, beggy . . . gets tiring real fast . . . the dread that hung out in front of mom’s with yellow hair got real angry by my refusal of whatever he was selling, he was yelling all sort of “bumba” this and that because I’m refusing his services . . . little annoyances like that . . . as i was driving to pick up my friend, i got into a traffick jam around the police station . . . one rasta man who was carrying a bundle of cane took the time to kick my car as i was waiting in traffick and pulled a piece of cane and whacked the car before i had a chance to move . . . the whole time he was doing this, he was yelling "bumba this and that, them white ppl taking our country" and whatever else he had to say . . . .

checked for ted at the market, he’s closed his booth down and worked out of his home . . . however, business in the lane between bar b barn and mom’s is booming . . . when in the water and facing the properties, one can see the tourists coming, one transaction after another . . . more messed up each time they return . . . so, demand on the tourist part and supply on the local side is alive and well . . .

Re: trip report part 2 - jajewel - 01-18-2012

That's a lovely stone house....where is that located?

Re: trip report part 2 - Sophie - 01-18-2012

LOVE the pics Jitterbug.

Re: trip report part 2 - suzengrace - 01-19-2012

Love your pics and report..Hopefully we be over in your area in June..I really adore the whole PA area..

Re: trip report part 2 - R00TS - 01-19-2012

nice pics Jitters

Re: trip report part 2 - VenusdeMilos - 01-19-2012

stolling along Smile
Love that board house and plot. Is there beach in front? Oh sigh! Dream on moi! x

Re: trip report part 2 - R00TS - 01-20-2012

look how big those hibiscus on the fence are whoaa
bigger than dinner plates!