The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Buying/leasing land ? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Buying/leasing land ? (/showthread.php?tid=41561)

Buying/leasing land ? - suzengrace - 01-18-2012

I'm not sure if and when this may happen-but I dont have any exp.dealing with either in Jam. and was sure there are some of you out there who've been down this path..
I'd like to know what the procedures are for Buying and/or leasing land?? What can I expect and any other helpful hints/tips you can pass on I'd really appreciate it..(I heard I must have the patience of a Saint ! LOL)

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - oldtimer - 01-18-2012

Lease !!!! and make sure you have a lawyer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - captaind on Zion Hill - 01-18-2012

I can't tell yo much about how to go about buying today as I bought my land in 1974 but .....

Get a lawyer....do your diligence.. have patience........

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - Van - 01-18-2012

Candis is a very nice woman..her father is a good man to deal with in Kgn also.

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - suzengrace - 01-19-2012

Thank you all for your input...Yes, lease will be my first option-but if a good deal comes along(legal and all ) Then may go that route..

No I'm not rich-I make a decent living at a job I love -which is priceless to me.
And spending my life savings..NO..Not mi style..

I appreciate your lawyer Rec..As we all know-there are good ones and bad ones out there..

I was hoping someone would maybe give me a little more detail of what they went thru..Maybe someone will.

And Bozz. I will get ahold of you soon...Busy with work..

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - oldtimer - 01-19-2012

DON'T !!!!!!!! attach anything to the ground...if anything happens it's their's !!!!!
My land was bought in 1970 and I sold it in 2008.I had no pit falls because there was nothing but labour put into it and I had a good lawyer.There is sooooooo !!!!!! much land sold that is not the sellers !!!!!!!!!!!! the older the people you buy it from PROBABLY the closer to the real owner you get. A board house can be moved easily ,a cement house...well it's a whole bunch of fighting then...lease !!!!! What's wrong with renting ???????? sometimes "buy" and " gottcha" are interchangeable.
Try not to find out.Rental...walk.....Lease...walk....own....heartache !!!!!

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - wit - 01-19-2012

Ras won't like my advice but it's from my experiences. I wouldn't advise you to do either. Leasing...hmmm what you build then they own. Buying? Too permanent. I'd RENT . Then as you age and things change (like the need for decent health care) you have no ties.

If you do proceed as others have said you need a good lawyer. The title is key. A clean title.

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - LJT - 01-19-2012

Hmmmm I could write a book on experiences of buying / or leasing land.

Just to much to write.
Leasing land ? Is indeed very cheap lowest
I've seen 250. Year ! � Ha well � develop the land for the owner
Clear trees,drop marl to level ,fix rodes
To the property, build ur board house.

Then waaala family comes in and sees the land nice n developed�
Lands worth $$$$ big money n dreams .

So much for your leased property cause they will move you off.
Yes of course theres contracts lawyers�
But not always legally binding ... I've seen it first hand and this is either family owned or very close friend owned .. Over the years I've seen it twice�
It's really sad to see hard working ja peeps put do much in to ther homes and get it snapped away in a second .

Buying ??? Everyone here Is saying title make sure there's a title
I agree .....
Advice ? Anyone can show u a title and want to sell u a piece of this or that
What u need to look for BESIDES actually seeing the title
Is how much land does this person own,?
They can own and have a title but most if not all those acres�
Are registered . � That's were it can take time money and patients !
Yep lots of it .. Lol � in jamaica it is a lengthy process to "Register a piece of "Unregistered land"�
. � When that process is done and only then, the land can be titled ..
A whole nother shebang !! And Lawyers in Ja????
Pshhh is all I csn say ....
The Easyest and safest buy is through a licensed
Realtor . � Such as Caldwell bankers n many others.

Re: Buying/leasing land ? - LJT - 01-19-2012

Sorry about all the ? Marks n misspelled words
I'm writing this on an iPhone not easy to go back n correct !

If I can help in advice of anyway I would be happy to give u my personal experience The Good, Bad and the Ugly!!

Renting is a whole other option and I looked onto that
Also very very reasonable n nice places out there!!
Can help on that also !!